DAY 26
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UWDxNNlBiM8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
April is in my mistress's face
within her bosom is September
but in her heart a cold December
Take oh take those lips away
Oh mistress mine
where are you roaming
Strike the viol
Touch the lute
with a fa la la la la la la
Sweet lovers love the spring
My bonny lass she smileth
Though Philomela lost her love
Will you buy a fine dog
with a hole in his head?
Hey ring a ding a ding
Fine knacks for ladies
cheap choice brave and new
Play on give me excess of it
Phylis I faine would die now
if music be the food of love
and still on sorrow feed
that can no loss repair
What if I never speed
shall I straight yield to despair?
What if she should pity my desire
and my love requite?
Rest sweet nymph
Cressida has other dainty tricks
sleek stones and potting sticks
with a dildo,diddle ,dildo
And for a need my pretty pods
Amber civet and musk cods

A cento is a collage poem composed of lines from different works. All of these lines come from Elizabethan madrigals.
ReplyDelete