Wednesday, 11 April 2012

NAPOWRIMO



DAY 20

TANKA 57577

let's keep on going
just keep driving and driving
to nowhere at all
let's do it we say laughing
and we never ever do






DAY 19

Lying on a bed with fine needles
inserted throughout her body
Feeling like a cactus
Looking up at the embossed
decorated ceiling

Him typing away rustling papers
wearing floral pale blue socks
muttering and fussing about
like the mad professor

She felt very mellow
at home with someone she had
known for so many years
even in her pincushion'd state

Everyone in her tailor made
life now was someone she loved
The welcome mat extending
only to the chosen few

No more air kissing
for this little black duck

DAY 18

Lullaby

Fais Dodo
mon petit chou
Fais Dodo
juste moi et vous
Fais Dodo
je vous adore
Fais Dodo
l'histoire d'amour


DAY 17

An Epistolary Poem

Dear ....

It pains me to inform you
that I find you the most tedious
of my communicants

Your inflammatory uncontrolled
outbursts are upsetting to
the more effete male members
and the complaints from the alpha males
re you firing up the chicks
with your suggestive rhetoric
are too numerous to read

Besides I am being inondated
with requests for your email address
and phone number by the females here
some of whom are preparing for the priesthood

Quite frankly I do not believe it is their intention
to discuss theological matters with you
Your Don Quixote reputation precedes you

So what are you doing tonight?



Day 16

Take hold of my hand
Hold it tight and don't let go
We are flying high

We know what it's like
To double spin over stars
Crash landing ahead


Friday 13th



Tempus Fugit

they thrashed about
in huge waves of intensity
in the turbulent ocean

avid for
sensation and connection
in the race against time

they knew there was
no tomorrow for them


DAY 11



this was our song
we were crazy reckless
we were sailing wild
into nerve tingling thrill
the world exciting and ours

we got married
banal routine was not for us
it was a big mistake
it was our swan song

now you sit fragile
with your millions and big scar
a trail of ex wives
and think of us sometimes
reminiscing about good times

while I sit all these years later
writing poetry about a dream
that has slipped so far away
it is just a dot on the horizon

10 comments:

  1. As always, you have described in raw and visceral details that bring a story filled with loss but also self-realization. Amazing how unsentimental this is, though I think the reality of it comes from perspective that only time brings and perhaps a hint of forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I am pleased I don't know you in real life. It would be hard to keep a secret from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how things can slip away! Well-described. K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it awful to say that sometimes we marry a vision not a person? Let this go and we meet the person. I am a romantic, honest, just a bit cynical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post day 17 'elsewhere' - dare you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madame, quixotic I am proud to be, you have discerned my true nature, yet my enemies are real. I have no time for particular romance as my pastoral journeys ever beckon!

    A polynominal guise may be emerging shortly ;o)

    (Meet you at the 'Daffy Duck Inn' at 9am Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day 19

    Peaceful ... mundane, meaningful equals mellow.
    What came to mind:

    "I am a swan!
    Wheeeeeeee!
    I’m not a black duckling ...
    The best in town, the best, the best
    The best in town"

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To find meaning in the mundane
    Excitement in the boring
    To enjoy the moment
    To understand you are where you are meant to be
    Unfolding like a flower
    Nurished
    Cherished
    Embraced
    To glide through the highs
    Swim the oceans
    To treasure loved ones and friends
    Express love in completeness to one
    In all it's fullness
    To understand you are where you are menat to be
    Unfolding and growing
    Loved and shielded
    Protected as a child
    Emraced
    Held in His Hand

    ReplyDelete
  9. Play it again Sam sans typos:) Nice poem...One from someone very happy and contented with his lot in life...someone who has found all the answers and does not want or need to continue the search.Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an ambition, a quest, not a destination.

      Delete