DAY 23
As soon as I saw this
in the National Gallery London
I used to go and visit him
all the time
" Why couldn't I find a guy
with that intensity and sensitivity?"
I still remember exactly where he was.
After a while I grew fickle and forgot all about him
Until I saw him again years later
In a Hong Kong bar
"My God...there's the man with the blue sleeve"

This is so clever!
ReplyDeleteoh the joy of imagined perfection:-)
ReplyDeleteI love that painting, and your words are a super creative take on the subject matter. I didn't really single out the blue sleeve until the end of the poem and then...Holy Hell!!! that is one big blue sleeve. Intensity and sensitivity...is it all in the eyes and the fall of the face?
ReplyDeleteIf you are ever in London go and see this. You will understand what I mean. That face...
DeleteBut you don't tell us how the story ended! Did you walk away together, arm in blue sleeve, into the sunset? Or was love, so fickle with a picture, also fickle in real life?
ReplyDeleteNow Semaphore...you know the story of Scheherezade..if I tell you everything at once..what is going to keep you coming back here?:)
Deletea cool write - I like your take on the painting
ReplyDeleteokay i just straight up love this poem. that is all.
ReplyDelete