Thursday, 25 April 2013

Sijo

dverse

he is always writing about her, i wonder who she is
scathing critical and hurtful words, he must have loved her once
hell hath no fury like the man scorned,who's used to his own way

14 comments:

  1. That last line has me in stitches, but its so damned true!

    Gorgeous form dont ya think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do think! I would love to join a sijo site. Unfortunately one does not exist I don't think.

      Delete
  2. when the tables are turned and you realize how little control you actually have...yeah you can def feel burned when used to getting your way...nice story telling through form...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is just too bad for guys like him ~

    I like the way you broke the thoughts in the lines ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think if a person writes about someone else regularly there is/was caring them. Otherwise he would just let her go..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. If he loved her once he should still respect her. Fragile, selfish egos can't tolerate losing in anything - especially love.
    Cool job fitting so much into this form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lively twist to what one normally hears of a 'woman scorned' All is fair in love and war another known call relevant here! Nicely Cressida!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor man didn't know what hit him, Cressida?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a twist on the stereotypical woman scorned - and the irony that for the protagonist, the woman is almost never absent from his memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, bitterness can burn both ways. The sexes aren't so different after all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smart comment on obsession, both about the subject and the speaker. I like that you used a Sijo to write this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps it is just a picture-perfect woman he has dreamed up in his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that Will pun in the end, very timely, and unfortunately true...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch! This poem has some punch!

    ReplyDelete