
Day 28

Jean Cocteau
1889 - 1963
Take a young girl
Fill her with ice
return her to her family
don't cut me off
nobody says
take ice and gin
a drop of angostura
on her mouth
I knew a man
Who played Chopin Nocturnes
Hello
I was talking to
Nobody
-don't you find that art is a bit-
Soft caramel
Soft Caramel by Jean Cocteau
Take a young girl
Fill her with ice and gin
Shake it all up to make it androgynous
And return her to her family
Hello, hello, operator don't cut me off
Ah! How sad it is to be king of the animals.
Nobody says a word
take a young girl
Fill her with ice and gin
Put a slight drop of angostura on her mouth
I knew a man very unhappy in love
Who played Chopins nocturnes on the drum
Hello,hello, operator don't cut me off
I was talking to... I was talking to the...
hello,hello
Nobody says a word
-don't you find that art is a bit-
We tell children wash your hands
We don't tell them wash your teeth-
Soft caramel
These are wonderful - I am not sure if they are both by you, but they are both terrific. k.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Karin. The first is mine and the second is By Jean Cocteau.
ReplyDeleteNicely crafted! I had a hard time with the erasure prompt.
ReplyDeleteThey are difficult to do . Always go for the surreal poem I say!:)
Delete