
Given words:
owl generator abscond upwind squander
clove miraculous dunderhead cyclops willowy
mercurial seaweed gutter non-pareil artillery
salt curl ego rodomontade elusive
twice ghost cheese cowbird truffle
svelte quahog bilious
Day 25
Dverse
spring was his special season
after the winter stodge menu
he fancied himself an innovative chef
creating bilious, miraculous, printemps dishes
non- pareil from bygone eras
spring sprogged chicken,nymphs and shepherd nougat,
quahog cheese truffles,cloved owl, cowbird
salted in curled seaweed
one needed to be standing upwind from
the artillery fired flatulence resulting
from these methane and environmentally
hazardous meals spoiling what would
otherwise have been lovely spring weather
twice nominated for tv awards his mercurial
ego and rotomontade generated a lot of enmity
amongst his peers
he was somewhat ghost like in appearance
elusive married to a svelt willowy stick insect
with a penchant for gutter snipes
who absconded with his one eyed cyclops dunderhead
assistant and squandered most of his fortune

Cressida, at first, it was a gastronomic delight; then, it degenerated into a gas-fest that had me laughing until I cried. There is nothing funnier to me that references to "artillery" and "flatulence." Am sending your link to a friend, and I do hope he's not shy about commenting.
ReplyDeleteThis was the best of the lot I've read for this prompt! Hallelujah! Amy
Aha you've made my day Amy! Thank you !
DeleteHa, that meal sounds to crazy for me .. What a challenge of words.. Really clever
ReplyDeleteThanks Bjorn. I love wordles!
ReplyDeletehahah...so good...oh i loved it...awesome...off to read it again... bon appetit..smiles
ReplyDeleteStill scratching my head as to how you managed to write a Spring poem with those words. If/when I work it out, if that epiphany does ever occur, I shall be at least enlightened.
ReplyDeleteWould I enjoy a meal such as that? I am buggered if I know really ;-)
Enlightenment comes with lateral thinking. You should try it Tino:)
DeleteThat made me laugh. You put the words to good use. "Artillery fired flatulance" made me laugh too. I think we can all picture. That meal was quite something!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary!
DeleteI enjoyed the gastronomic delight of spring but I do need to stay away from the likes of him ~ Your wit is something else ~ Smiles ~
ReplyDeleteWell, sure, stay away from someone with digestive issues like that. You really killed me though with his marriage to a "stick insect." Loved that, and that it all happened in the spring. :)
ReplyDelete