Thursday, 11 April 2013





Day 16

i like my women on their knees
well below my waist line

i drag them around by the hair
in la danse apache with my signature flair

they may cling to my legs
if they are so inclined

but no touching of hardware
off limits, just like my pride

i'm inspecteur macho tipsy go bright
i like everything to be completely white

this little camel girl has got to me somehow
she's a terrible tease with lots of know how

i'll think i'll induge her for a day or two
then toss her over for you know who


Day 15


 



Palindrome...dverse


i know you remember this one
a year ago already
time flies fast

everything was new and exciting
now it's like wearing comfortable slippers
shoe fitting silk


 sometimes
i miss us as we were before
still nice though

25 comments:

  1. nice...liked the 'old is gold' feel here! But am I missing figuring a palindrome here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last emboldened line of every tercet is a palindrome!

      Delete
  2. i must need more coffee as i am missing the palindrome as well...its not the words backward...and by letter it is....tsaseilfemit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to go back to bed! Palindromes can be written to be read forward and backwards by using words by letter or by the line. The line format is used in poetry mainly. You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. I think the problem may be that the "palindromes" must be written both ways...not just one direction as you have done here. Thanks for playing, Cressida!

    Gayle ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the day 16 one. I don't know if it was supposed to but it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God someone has a sense of humour..phew!

      Delete
  5. Not both ways?

    time flies fast
    fast flies time

    shoe fitting silk
    silk fitting shoe

    still nice though
    though still nice

    ???????????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either I have gone mad or every one else is. Tis a conspiracy I say!:)

      Delete
    2. You are misunderstood?
      Misunderstood are you?

      Madness is fun.
      Fun is madness.

      WTF!
      FTW!

      Delete
    3. I have just been given a public apology. Never upset that special relationship between a poet and her palindromes~:)!

      Delete
  6. I've apparently gone mad...you did this correctly, Cressida. I apologize for this nutty misunderstanding on my part...I'm very sorry.

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apology accepted Gayle! The most important thing is to apologise when you have made a mistake (particularly in the public arena) and to date you have been the only one who has done so. I have been taken to task (incorrectly) before. So well done!

      Delete
    2. So glad that you accepted my apology, Cressida. That was equally good on your part. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and trying my best to make amends. And, thank you!

      Delete
  7. WTF
    FTW?

    Help-please!
    Please- Help

    I am suffering from palindromic pressure
    (Aibophobic).

    some poets
    captious and glum
    (glum and captious)
    beat on their drums
    rumpti tum tum

    nit pickin' and bitin'
    (bitin and nit pickin)
    poor Cressida did frightin'
    until her poddle'd prince came along



    I crown Poddles... Palindromic Peer of the realm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that this is the most interesting comment section that I have read in while, and this second poem is hilarious! Plus I understand palindromes better!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Heidi..glad it gave you a laugh!

      Delete
  8. Cyber soldiers have been mustered and are now in place. Their commission:

    Guard Cressie
    Cressie guard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no you are getting hooked on palindromes!

      I do not need an army of spear carriers. Just having one person on side is enough for me especially if it is of Poddle extraction.
      Thank you Darling:)

      Delete
  9. *I am writing this comment in a separate box because it is about the original poem, although it's not as interesting as the previous comments*

    I like Palindrome. I thought it was sweet. And I agree that the Day 16 poem is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That me Heidi " Sweet!" (giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I claim the Crown from this long extinct duck!

    A triple haiku palindrome:

    doddle just poddle
    amble leisurely a long
    living and loving


    maccus curia
    curia maccus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very impressive Maccus.

    The bird could never write this but I have already formed an attachment to his clumpy webbed feet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With such hideous feet he could never accompany you in La Danse Apache. Consider too my fine outfit, splendid shoes and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry Maccus even with the fancy gear you don't make the earth move for me.I like a pre historic birdman!We don't do pre war dancing...more into rap!

    ReplyDelete