Tuesday, 16 April 2013
Day 21
Napowrimo...translation poem
Choose an unknown language and invent a translation
where have all the comments gone
long time passing
where have all the comments gone
disappeared into space
i am being traumatised
by your rejection
when will poets ever learn
wann wird man je versetehan
if I could get a list of comments
i would feel worthwhile
just to hear your erudite words
a few hundred will do
pleeze validate my existence
and absolutely upon my insistence
when will poets ever learn
wann wird man je versetehan
i can never be popular enough
please assemble the crowds
do I see a few over there
not waving at all
put a flag in their hands at once
what a cheek what an effront
wann wird man je versetehan
wann wird man je versetehan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love madness, It makes me feel so great!
ReplyDeleteHa..Thank you...something I excel in at least!
DeleteWe are poets, we are not meant to learn, we only feel ;-)
ReplyDeleteWould repaeting 'cultivated' a hundred times validate your existence? Of course it would, how silly of me!
scran ya buggama yhem fa ganin
I am not familiar with this language...I certainly hope this is not an invitation to bugger you?
DeleteIts broad Geordie and does in fact include a bugger. It means, loosely, "get off home for your tea ya little bugger" a most endearing term if ever there was one ;-)
DeleteBlimey..thanks for the explanation..you had me worried there for a moment:)
DeleteWe're alike there
ReplyDeletemadness comes so easily to me ;-)
Ja..das ist gut!
DeleteUh, not sure how to tell you this, but I think you plagiarized this from an obscure German lit journal I used to hide my girlie magazines under.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, mad fun, this was. Take a prize off the top shelf, Mosk
Nein..not a plagiarist and don't do German porn:)
ReplyDeleteI really like this part~
ReplyDeletepleeze validate my existence
and absolutely upon my insistence
As bloggers and writers we do tend to look for some validation but in the end, its our own validation that will matter ~
Yes I agree..Thank you Grace and cheers for having the courage to attend this blog commenting on a poem dealing with a current delicate topic,under discussion at dverse.
ReplyDeleteI like your moves here.
ReplyDeleteI guess poets/bloggers
require a thick skin
to survive the sense
of rejection awarded by
non-contemplation
unless the reward
can be
in the writing
alone . . .
Thanks..Well I think the reward has to be in the enjoyment of the writing . Acceptance connection recognition is the icing on the cake.
ReplyDeleteAs for the skin thing...all poets and artists are born with fragile skin that does not react well to slings and arrows. However, unless some armadillo armour strategy is employed I guess they might end up fertilising a lot of daisies sooner rather than later!:)
haha...made me smile...esp. after our pretzels discussion on monday..when will we ever learn...smiles
ReplyDeleteThanks Claudia..That Marlene Dietrich is a cracker...I wonder if you sound like that in German:)
Deleteclap clap clap for your poetry....:) it takes a lot more to accept rejection perhaps, to ask for whom do I write?
ReplyDeleteThank you Akila. J'ecris pour MOI !
DeleteWe all want feedback, don't we? I think it's part of our sensitivity which goes along with being a poet.
ReplyDeleteIt is great to get feed back but it is even more important to keep writing and enjoying writing without it.If someone else connects and enjoys it as well that is a bonus.
ReplyDeleteI would leave a comment praising you and your work here, validating your existence, soothing your tender ego, but it might just give you a high opinion of yourself and make you insufferable. Ha! Nicely done, with the touch of sass I have come to expect from you.
ReplyDeleteI liked the discussion Monday, and what you have created with it and I am so completely guilty. I horde comments, although I am moving past the obsessively checking my stats every hour to see how many views I've had.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift, although I can't give details as to why.
Excellent write!
Probably because it is satire.I am not familiar with Jonathan Swift's work, except for the famous Celia shits poem. Thank you Heidi.
ReplyDelete