Friday, 5 April 2013




Day 14

Cinquain
 
you wrote
i do not care
it means nothing to me
you are just black water under
the bridge

8 weeks
is far too long
you want something from me
or you would not even bother
that's you



Day 13

Tanka Form For Brian Miller

Gangnam Style





this is now music
south korean rap version
western decadence
north koreans set to blast
south into the cool cosmos

it's the yellow suit
too slick shining canary
dazzling blinding eyes
they seemed to have missed the point
korean groove does not work





Day 12
















Shadorma...353 375

partita
g string fumbling with
flaccid cheeks

in your spite
you ate lorca's violet
mosquito, then choked

with laughter
at his sad demise
wickedness

did you think
your puffed vanity would win
loyalty and love


Day 11

Ottava Rima...aba bab cc...iambic pentameter
 









































come live with me and be my love anew
happily we live frolicking all day
madly in love now divorced renting a shoe

blended families our current modern way
i can write poems oh you can write them too
blissful existence watching  children play

then why in deluded  idyll of late
are you writing poems about her with hate





Day 10










Anecdote....dverse


the king of tonga and her majesty
went riding in an open carriage to ascot

all decked out in their finery and hats
they waved to the cheering crowd

clippety clop clippety clop - suddenly
an explosive retort from the horse

 it blew off the king's  top hat
with wind of strong  gale force

of  stench so rotten and vile
from eating salami laced grass pile
it carried on the breeze for miles

the queen being the supreme diplomat
apologised profusely whilst clutching her hat

the king laughed with tone matter of fact
said my dear these things happen of course

for one moment there i thought it
was the horse





Day 9

Ternary Form

To Haydn with Love





a cerebral swim in  fresh green limes
lemon cleansed sparkle from murk and slime
positive confident bold brush'd moves
polka hop jig dancing about the room

legato breezing softly stepping
tippy toe oboes min-uetting
delicate fragile toffee laced style
gosh, i say, this is giving me a high

a cerebral swim in fresh green limes
lemon cleansed sparkle from murk and slime
in  brilliant  trills excels  our  fine composer
father of the symphony, nice chap, not a poseur



Day 8

Cascade Form

i take my tea like my life
lemon , not too strong
silence  music to my ears
unheard the morning  chorus

before sunrise is best
i rarely see its glow
a night owl bird am i
take my life like my tea

i write and read a lot
all my dreams book marked
i sip  a tipple of port
lemon , not too strong

i like the quiet of night
everyone is asleep
my time to think and weep
silence music to my ears

just before the dawn
i enter the land of nod
in deepest dark dead  sleep
unheard the  morning chorus


31 comments:

  1. I am a night person as well and I can relate to these feelings! Thanks for posting and thanks for visiting my blog as well! Sleep well in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep very well.... Thank you Peggy.Last year I slept through an earthquake ( admittedly it was a very small one:)

      Delete
  2. Cressida, interesting for any of us night owls. I used to say, 'I like my coffee like I like my men... Straight." But only to gay waiters, and they always giggled.

    The liking the tea/life, then the life/tea, then the tea turning into a "tipple" of poet (great use of that word), yeah, I get all of it. Perfect for the prompt! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Your do good comments. They always make me grin...this was not written to the irony prompt but hey clever girl, I like the tipple of poet...I wish I had actually written that:)

      Delete
  3. i like lemon cleansed sparkles from mud and murk, that is quite a contrast

    First Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadyn is a like having a facial of the brain:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahahahahaha you have such a wicked pen...thought it was the horse...lol.....you made my night...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that made me laugh!! A wonderful anecdote. So it was NOT the horse? LOL. That reminds me of an incident from my childhood. Some people came to visit with their son. All of a sudden there was a rotten smell in the room. The people yelled at their son. Ha, and I knew it was our dog. I don't know why I didn't say anything...I guess because I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know why..cos you were a little minx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...very well wrapped... not a morning bird either which is really difficult for work is in the daylight...ha... smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hilarious anecdote, I cant stop laughing and I can imagine the Queens face. Great finish, that one caught me out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome, but I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a certain fantastical whimsy to your work (you have a very vivid way of expressing), its very humorous and just slightly unsettling very nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unsettling....Yes :) How insightful of you mlm..mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice shadorma...that first bit sounds bit naughty...smiles...like the line break on choked..
    great last line as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Mr Miller I must do naughty sometimes to test you out ...see if you're still awake... keep you on your toes:)

      Delete
  14. Your poetry is disturbing, wry, original and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. altogether, these reflect your versatility in writing and broad knowledge, with touches and flourishes of fantasy and comedy...I'm a night person as well..good for you for writing consistently great poems for the NaPoeMo and love your choice of pictures..;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The flaccid cheeks conjured a less-than-delightful image, so you made profound impact right off the bat. Reading through the collection, I was pleased to find the last one my favorite. Like dessert after a satisfying meal.

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2013/04/10/ripening/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. The last one is a little surreal..glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  17. I enjoy your wit in these tales....especially "I thought it was the horse." Hee hee. Love the last poem, "I take my tea like my life, lemon, not too strong...." Very clever writing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are really on a roll Cressida! So many different styles and voices. I enjoyed them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SaraV ...I'm wonderng when I will come to a grinding halt:)

      Delete