Wednesday, 17 April 2013




Day 22


..... poetry jam

Brave New World


cookie monster
is in love with mr biscuit

writing love letters
to a biscuit
may seem strange

" you made me love you
i didn't want to do it
i didn't want to do it "

cookie monster's  angst is a  left over
of his  repressed  past
he feels some guilt

he was previously engaged to
miss sour  grapes
but came out  of the closet
when he met mr biscuit

in a surge of passion'
cookie monster ate mr biscuit

now mr biscuit is a digestive
swimming in the alimentary canal
flying off to New Zealnd  to marry
was going to be a surprise

cookie monster swallows love letters
desperate to keep the connection going

time for mr chocolate e clair
to make a move i would say







28 comments:

  1. I loved the Cookie Monster character--all those muppets. I agree it is prime time for Mr. Chocolate E Clair!! Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mr. E Clair will get what he deserves if he moves in too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr E Clair is destined for a swim regardless:)

      Delete
  3. What fun!

    Cookie Monster is vulnerable just now and, I fear, about to embark on a promiscuous quest for inner fulfillment. Biscuits beware. This is a hunger that cannot be satiated and he will not be able to control his passion!

    Now, my money's on a certain hermaphrodite - Walnut Whip - who is watching and waiting. S/he will entrap poor Cookie Monster by taunting him and granting him one small lick a week and an occassional foray into fondant cream. The nut will remain out of bounds. To compensate, s/he will allow him an occassional chocolate digestive.

    (I think I may need professional help!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My head is reeling. Let me just say Doddles that you are one of the more colourful characters that visits me here.
    A visit to a professional might turn you into bland...not a good idea!
    Poor cookie monster being maligned in this way. Now he does need professional help. He must learn to stop devouring and ultimately destroying the object of his love. Yes I know these kiddie shows are very DEEEEP!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are deep; very deep.

      Alas, ontologically the purpose of a biscuit is to be devoured. Cookie Monster is doomed. His is an objectively disordered condition. To express his love he must fulfil this inner need of the biscuit, consumate the relationship and thus become a widow.

      There is only one way out. If he becomes a Mormon or a Muslim he could marry many biscuits, replace them on a regular basis, and find thus inner peace.

      (Is "colourful" a euphemism for odd?)

      Delete
  5. Hmmm...could be:)

    You are confusing consume with consummate!One cannot consummate a relationship with a biscuit. He can only do that with a lady cookie monster to make baby cookie monsters.

    Muslims can only have wives if they can afford them. You have a wife...you know how expensive they are to run:)No one could afford to replace them on a regular basis.It would not be an exercise conducive to inner peace,,, the opposite in fact!





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consume - consummate, 'tis poetic license my dear gal.



      Delete
  6. I had been rooting for Cookie Monster and Mr. Biscuit. But oh dear, now I read that Cookie Monster has eaten Mr. Biscuit in a fit of passion, and I am sad that he has probably destroyed the one he loved the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I know ....this a very sad story Mary (boo hoo)
    Mr E Clair is French , not as easy a target as poor Mr Biscuit.. Cookie better watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly brings to mind the regrettable edibles. Me like.

    This my first time here and having perused some of your earlier works I find your logic and humor tightly woven to my liking, so I'll follow to see where you lead.

    I love the oh psycho bit you've got goin' on in the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha,there are a lot of oh psycho bits on this blog.Follow by all means but leading anywhere is highly unlikely:)Hope you like going around in circles!

      Delete
  9. I'm in Mr Biscuit's corner. I feel an affinity with him. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! Cookie is reminding me of another certain hungry maniac ... poor Mr. E Clair who ate Custard Cream! It's all just desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL- This is so delightful. Poor cookie monster... when will he ever learn?

    http://lkkolp.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/headache/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and brilliantly psychotic

    ReplyDelete
  13. This as made me hungry and takes the biscuit, really love the flow and humor of it. Made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your poem is a delight ~~ Cookie Monster and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha! 'C is for cookie, that's good enough for me'...and in this case C is for clever. I really enjoyed this--I like your style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Cookie Monster!! And "C" is definitely for clever--thank you for the laugh--keeping the connection ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun and thank you for making me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved this. (I think Judy Garland, as amazing as she was, would have trouble harmonizing with Cookie Monster - ha ha). Funny POV. :)

    ReplyDelete