Saturday, 13 April 2013

April...Poetry Month




Day 18....dverse
Tanka and Palindrome Lines

these monsters are cute
have great pow moves hot rhythm
goog eyes no problem
some even have big webbed feet
clumping and clomping quite neat

dodos are dinosaurs
hip and cool
blackpeas and boom boom
cookie and elmo
sexy and hot
monsters make millions





Day 17

Rispetto... abab ccdd..iambic tetrameter

Who am I?

his life was at its closing end
no time to waste away in pain
he thought of God and made amends
cut paper shapes coloured and plain

to think it all had come to this
marvellous paintings full of bliss
now he was a very old man
about to see his maker's plan

22 comments:

  1. Those monsters make a lot of kids happy ~

    On the second poem, what a sad ending ~ I don't know about this form but good rhyming pattern ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first time with this form. I find it much easier to write a burst of poems if I am constrained by a form!

      Delete
    2. A happy or a sad ending
      Serene from where I am standing
      To reach the end of travelling
      With creations so dazzelling

      Delete
  2. i have met these monsters when i took my kids to Sesame Place in pennsylvania....ha had never seen them quite this way....lol...boom boom pow...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Cookie Monster!There is a great youtube of how he falls in love with a biscuit. Must do a poem on this one!

      Delete
    2. It will soon be possible to marry a biscuit. However, consumation swiftly results in widowhood.

      Delete
    3. LOL...now I am definitely going to write about this one soon!

      Delete
  3. A Rispetto, I want to try one of those now. Although, if there is meter involved, I'll probably end up writing a sort of rispetto.

    I also like your take on the dVerse prompt, and, as a bonus, my toddler was grumpy while I was trying to read your post and when I clicked on the video, he calmed right down. Now he's asleep. (I've just had an epiphany on why they're million dollar monsters.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rispetto must be in strict rhyming form..Iambic tetrameter ( 8 syllables to the line)Give it a go!
    Ha...not sure if I am happy about my poetry being used for soporific effect!Zzzzzzzzzz:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once met someone who had the job of being the hand up one of these monsters (very poor claim to fame I know).

    Really loved the rispetto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rowan I am pleased you loved the rispetto BUT WHO IS IT?
    Photo of very famous French artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeed, monsters make millions!! Think of a good monster and a good life is assured. The rispetto was sad. Sometimes at the end of life one wonders...is this all there is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tune but pleeeeese I am trying to get some sleep! The young Dodos prefer the Birdy Song by the Tweets. What do they know? Oh, and Dodos are most certainly not dinosaurs. This is Dodoism and very rude. I shall report you to the Ministry of Equal Rights!

    This aged artist (if I have his identity right) was an inspiration. His work exploded with life and love - just like him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you used more palindromes with tanka...very cool...and love your rispetto too. I'm terrible with meter...can't seem to wrap my brain around them. My guess is the artist Henri Matisse...didn't he start doing paper cutouts when he became wheelchair bound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...Henri Matisse. I find rhyming very difficult also if you want the poem to make some sense. When you think about it ...it is highly unnatural...so pleased free verse is the acceptable form of poetry now, although I like the challenge and structure of form when I have to produce one poem a day.In my case three a day sometimes and then none:)

      Delete
    2. You're right, it is highly unnatural...we don't speak in rhymes now do we... Sometimes doing a form poem will inspire me to write something if I'm feeling stuck. But then sometimes I'm stuck and there's nothing to be done about it. :)

      Delete
    3. Ha...cannot get stuck until May...11 more to go

      Delete
  10. Elmo is such a favorite of adults & loved your poem about Matisse..I sense you and your unique form.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure if I already left a message and it's awaiting moderation, but will say again 'Nice work'...it takes a lot of talent to write on of those. And Elmo is a favorite of course ;)

    ReplyDelete