Saturday, 27 April 2013

A Trip Of The Heart



dverse

Day 29

she marvels at them
faces of the saints looking
at her from up high

dangling ropes and flairs
a once in a lifetime trip
she will remember



28 comments:

  1. I don't know what awaits anyone "up there". It's funny how this iconography causes so much confusion and often despair. I don't know that you have much to fear. From what I can tell, if such a reality were to exist, it would be beyond any human comprehension. That's kind of mind blowing, the best trip ever :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ..amazing trip!..I would quite like to do that Juliette Binoche thing with the ropes and the flairin an Italian Church, accompanied by Bach of course..that would be a trip..HA,might be your last if you fell!

      Delete
    2. :-) Going out in style, as usual Cressida. Surrounded by all that beauty in anticipation of greater glories to come.

      Delete
    3. Ha..yes it would be a stylish exit!

      I find the beauty on earth already too overwhelming so I may have to refuse any invitations of ' greater glories'. My coping mechanism has never been a strength...am possibly more suited to being reincarnated as a passion fruit or something similar:)

      Delete
  2. if they are playing the harp and wearing robes we got problems...i wont fit in...but should it come...it will def be a trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come come now Brian..you would look fabulous in robes and wings!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. I read The English Patient for an English Lit class but never saw the film. Glad you wrote of the joy on Hana's face, the unique trip provided by Kip. You've caught the moment in so very few words. Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you liked this one . You make the Greek Gods very proud with a name like that...Eusebia Philotes,has a great ring to it.

      Delete
    2. Hah. Your Greek mythology is very good! Well done.

      Delete
  4. OMG...I love this movie!! I could watch that scene in particular over and over..thanks, it is indeed the trip of a lifetime..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful thoughts you create in just a few words. The context in which you see something is such an important part of a trip-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly an interesting trip - though looking up a Italian mosaics pretty cool in any context -- in my case the ropes are usually the scaffolding of the restorers! k.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The romantic in me sighed and sighed....That was one "high" I wouldn't mind ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. "a once in a liftetime trip she will remember" is an iconic line that will be remembered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of the song" Heaven is a place nearby...."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful rendering of this scene! One of my favorite books of all time!Even the Breeze

    ReplyDelete
  11. A trip to be remembered indeed. Heaven is on this earth if we only look.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo...I know...especially Indian boys with turbans:o]

      Delete
  12. I adore this movie - one of the best romances ever.Thanks for reminding me of this magical scene which lifts the heart every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tis a lovely scene indeed...glad to give you a heart lift
      Sheree!

      Delete
  13. I like how you interpreted that scene. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmm, those moments we never forget. I've never seen that movie, might have to now.

    ReplyDelete