
Day 20
poverty is disturbing
hide it away from sight
the tourists complain
about being hassled
the management
cannot upset the tourists
the tourists run the show
their dollars are king
the beggards need
to be educated
milton's "ParadiseLost"
perhaps
or
Dante's " Inferno "
no wonder they hate us
DAY 19
Sonnet...abab cdcd efef gg...iambic pentameter
If only I had made more time for you
I never thought you would not be around
My busy life was pressured and askew
T'was hard to keep my feet upon the ground
But now you're gone and it is far too late
To be remorseful nothing can be done
Your cheerful manner leaving things to fate
Never demanding full of grace and fun
Thunder claps and lightning made you afraid
All huddled up in your little flat alone
Drinking tea and port with schweppes lemonade
To share some gossip talking on the phone
I miss your birthday cards and soft grey hair
Forgive me Great Aunt truly I did care
Both poems masterful and engaging. Where have you been hiding? Excellent reads.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Buddah, wonderful work. I went from pissed off to very sad in a few seconds.
ReplyDeleteThank you to you both.
ReplyDelete