Maybe...the exotic lush Garden of Eden would have been conducive to temptation and other!Eve was a creature of passion..I think everyone has been too harsh on her:)
dang...to me this just speaks of how far we sometimes go for people that have nice words for us, that make us feel valued and loved...excellently penned
He seduced her with lies and flattery to bring Adam down. A tactic as old as time itself. And what an appetite if she was willing to eat the whole tree - she would have been constipated for a year!
I think I know you well enough to be politically incorrect and say that you are behaving like a giant pain in the arse. Be nice otherwise I wont play with you anymore:)
Lol .... if my teachers had spoken to me like that I may have paid a bit more attention!
So, let's be serious.
Poor Adam didn't understand women. How could he? Being busy - walking with God, organising the Garden, naming all those animals etc - he must have been terribly tired in the evening.
Eve could have informed Adam of her needs and shown him the way to pleasure and fulfillment of God's instruction to go forth and multiply.
Me thinks Adam and Eve would have both enjoyed that. I mean, they were made for one another.
Women do not like informing men of their needs..they prefer that men know what to do and are attuned to their needs...that is why God invented the Latin countries:)
Relationships are rarely equal. There are usually givers and takers. The more intense the giving the more cavalier the taking. French literature explores this concept better than any other. Read Guy de Maupassant, Balzac or Diderot.
my goodness...she has it bad...and while the fiber might be good...cant imagine the pain thats coming on the back end of that meal...
ReplyDeleteWell thems the consequences of being stuck with a nerd like Adam in a lush exotic Garden of Eden:)
DeleteWhat a twist to the original story, surely more than just a temptation ~
ReplyDeleteMaybe...the exotic lush Garden of Eden would have been conducive to temptation and other!Eve was a creature of passion..I think everyone has been too harsh on her:)
DeleteYEAH!! PEOPLE CAN GO TO ANY LENGTHS ONCE THEY ARE TEMPTED.
ReplyDeleteReally?:)
ReplyDeletedang...to me this just speaks of how far we sometimes go for people that have nice words for us, that make us feel valued and loved...excellently penned
ReplyDeleteInsightful response.
DeleteHere Eve sounds lost in the other - influences can be so strong.
ReplyDeleteJust dabbling in a little poetic license:)
DeleteThis was great.. I think that tale should be rewritten this way... a lot better.
ReplyDeleteMaybe not..It might lead to a mini burning at the stake for heresy:)
DeleteGreat. Tells it as it is (was). Love it!
ReplyDeleteHA!
DeleteIt is so hard not to be drawn in by pretty words and the promise of pleasure. I love that last line.
ReplyDeleteHe seduced her with lies and flattery to bring Adam down. A tactic as old as time itself. And what an appetite if she was willing to eat the whole tree - she would have been constipated for a year!
ReplyDeleteDo try to keep up Maccus..I know these concepts are difficult for a medieval court jester...the tree is a metaphor.
DeleteYou are increasingly adopting the tone of a disapproving school Mistress with me. I never was very good in class Miss, being a disruptive influence.
DeleteSnakes have forked tongues and cold skin .... brrrrrrr ...
I think I know you well enough to be politically incorrect and say that you are behaving like a giant pain in the arse. Be nice otherwise I wont play with you anymore:)
DeleteLol .... if my teachers had spoken to me like that I may have paid a bit more attention!
DeleteSo, let's be serious.
Poor Adam didn't understand women. How could he? Being busy - walking with God, organising the Garden, naming all those animals etc - he must have been terribly tired in the evening.
Eve could have informed Adam of her needs and shown him the way to pleasure and fulfillment of God's instruction to go forth and multiply.
Me thinks Adam and Eve would have both enjoyed that. I mean, they were made for one another.
Women do not like informing men of their needs..they prefer that men know what to do and are attuned to their needs...that is why God invented the Latin countries:)
Deletethis twist on the story is definitely something worth exploring - totally enjoyed reading it.. would he have ?? eaten the whole tree, i mean?
ReplyDelete"He" meaning Adam or Satan? Neither.
ReplyDeleteRelationships are rarely equal. There are usually givers and takers. The more intense the giving the more cavalier the taking. French literature explores this concept better than any other. Read Guy de Maupassant, Balzac or Diderot.