Oh, how sad. As I've aged, though, I find that even if love for one another isn't "hot" there is a wonderful, enduring quality that allows each to do their thing...embroidery, newspapers, whatever and yet be present to one another. My husband watches sports while I stay with him, sort of watch sports and make jewelry. (But I am fully attentive when the San Francisco 49ers play!) :0)
You took me back in time and I wasn't even there. That's how well the music and your words meshed to produce an effect of long memories recalled. I like the comparison of permanence in the eternal flame and your love for these precious people. Nicely done.
This is a lovely poem, Cressida. There are moments in life which seemed eternal. I hope it's not just a wish projection, but that it turns out to be reality. I'm glad you found that love once and forever. I've been lucky to see it a few times in my life, and perhaps in my own someday before the worms take me in their embrace.
Oh, how sad. As I've aged, though, I find that even if love for one another isn't "hot" there is a wonderful, enduring quality that allows each to do their thing...embroidery, newspapers, whatever and yet be present to one another. My husband watches sports while I stay with him, sort of watch sports and make jewelry. (But I am fully attentive when the San Francisco 49ers play!) :0)
ReplyDeleteThank you Victoria.
DeleteYou took me back in time and I wasn't even there. That's how well the music and your words meshed to produce an effect of long memories recalled. I like the comparison of permanence in the eternal flame and your love for these precious people. Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteThese precious people were my grandparents who are both gone now but who will always remain with me.
ReplyDeleteThank you Eusebia.
That is really beautiful. I love the last four lines.
ReplyDeleteThank you Heidi
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely poem, Cressida. There are moments in life which seemed eternal. I hope it's not just a wish projection, but that it turns out to be reality. I'm glad you found that love once and forever. I've been lucky to see it a few times in my life, and perhaps in my own someday before the worms take me in their embrace.
ReplyDeleteTis a reality indeed! May the worm embrace be delayed for many many years dear Charles.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful, beautiful poem of peaceful, quiet love.
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigued by the undercurent of momentous events and a sadness being forged. There's a sense of bereavement here that I can't figure.
Ah poetry..mystery and magic.X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tribute. So evocative....almost as if I was watching them with you.
ReplyDelete