Thursday, 23 May 2013

Glosa


Dverse
The glosa was a poetry form of the late 14th century and popular in the Spanish Court.

where e're you walk
cool gates shall fan the glade
trees where you sit
shall crowd into a shade

Semele...Handel

wherever you are
this balmy  evening
i wish i were there
close by your side
to see you once more
to laugh and talk
taste the rain drops
to kiss your dear fingers
tapered  white  chalk
where e're you walk


i wish i were there
to unlock your heart
but alas i cannot
am far far away
just another sad story
our souls did not fit
torn pages  blowing blind
caught in a whirl
where butterflies flit
trees where you sit


you did love me once
i was too deaf to hear
too blind to see  truth
vanity coated with doubt
the soft whispers of selene
intricate weaves handmade
flames of passion now spent
luke warm ashes remain
the burning  embers fade
cool gates shall fan the glade

now it's too late
the damage is done
the boat has sailed
and this is my fate
sometimes in the quiet of  night
when day is done and nerves are frayed
a sadness fills my empty being
another night riddled with regret
now my dreams i'm afraid
shall crowd into a shade

19 comments:

  1. Love the quote weaving with yours...the regret of love and sadness is palpable in the last verse ~ this tugs the heart strings ~

    Good work with the form, the rhyming words are in place ~ smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. felt...the too deaf to hear line caught me...as that is familiar...though the feeling last one...the longing...great last two lines as well..very nicely done ma'am

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a double pleasure for me - your words and 'Where'er you walk.'

    Thank you.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt regret of love being out of sync. Like two ships sailing and just meeting briefly...

    torn pages blowing blind
    caught in a whirl
    where butterflies flit
    trees where you sit

    Was a passage I particularly liked...

    :-) smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done--sad, touching, that line "kiss your dear fingers" speaks powerfully. I like how you transposed the order of 2 and 3 to fit your purposes. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nicely done glosa...I agree with the former commenters entirely; the editor in me has a niggling question I can't let go: third stanza, fifth line - did you mean for the word to be "selene" or were you going for "serene"? Good poem in any case.

    http://thepoet-tree-house.blogspot.ca/2013/05/table-for-four.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers: "tapered white chalk" - I love the description. A sad and tender memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so full of sadness and longing. very touching, beautifully crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Handel's libretto make for a wonderful cabeza, and oh how wonderful your words flow from that introduction, a palpable keening, a longing, a regret. Interwoven with the words from the cabeza, the glosa unravels the reader's heart thread by thread, line by line, until the dreams and memories become, finally, unfrayed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your comment is a prose poem in itself..beautiful...Thank you Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart understands this poem, and it is from the heart that I first read it with the sweetest appreciation. Then I re-read from the mind, enjoying it for its successful glosa prompt form. But with this one my heart rules. A memorable poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lydia. It is not often that I get a comment like this. I am pleased that this poem holds a special meaning for you.

      Delete