Saturday, 18 May 2013

Chinoiserie a Paris


dverse

Paris has fallen


for the asian invasion
riche et elegante

                     




sophisticated
with style and striking allure
mysterious girl









zany and chic hip
cool and out there anywhere
bling bling and ylang ylang





the city of lights
loves the asian model
couturier's dream



vuitton lagerfeld
prancing dancing and frolic
models of moment




kimonos are in
 and of course one can never
 have enough bling bling





cherry bloom springtime
no longer asian image
vogue and armani




Jiang Qinqin

chinese movie star
talented and a knockout
breathtaking beauty




oui ou non
non ou oui
peut -etre
cheri
c'est la verite








Recommended 






























Wong Phui Nam - Malyasian Poet








Rieke Diah Pitaloka - Indonesian Poet






26 comments:

  1. Having an Asian Grandfather, would that make me one of the invaders if I went to Paris? Probably not since I have ancestors from so many other places too. My mom was always described as exotic looking because people could not tell exactly what nationalities she had. It is funny that most people have not got a clue about any of my brothers and sisters except the three with a white father. But we all range from dark skin to light skin and so people usually do not believe we are related. I think we will soon become the norm as more and more interracial marriages occur. But I am not sure what race we will be because we have an ancestor from almost every race.

    I think it is nice that people are becoming more accepting of people for their character on the inside instead of what they look like. I hope someday that everyone just sees a person when they look at someone. But sadly I think that religion is turning into a type of racism and with some people trying to force their religion on the rest of the world that this will be a war that no one comes out a winner.

    And you are right, one can never have too much bling. Oh how we love our shiny things.

    Thanks for sharing such gorgeous pictures with us for this weeks Theme Thursday. I hope you have a great week filled with beautiful clothes and lots of bling.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...i would believe it...i def think there is beauty in asian women...ha i like that last bit as well...it is the truth...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose fashion is a kind of religion to some

    Parisians about style no matter what the state of origin
    " Le style sans frontieres"
    Just out of curiosity which fantasy land accepts people for their character rather than their influence and clout?

    " Les bons comptes font les bons amis"
    Healthy banks accounts make good friends

    The French are big on truth as well as style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is sad that people are so influenced by money, fame, and power for which people they choose as their idols. Most of those people would not even be given the time of day without it.

      But I do think that there are more and more people of the world who accept other people as their friends more by the character they display towards them and others then by their skin color, eye color, or hair color. And maybe there is not just one country in particular who accepts everyone who is different then they are but there are more and more people in most of the countries who are making this change that maybe someday will make the world a better place for the children of the world. Maybe when we look at a person we will not say, "Oh she was an Asian, Black, White, Hispanic, or other race.". But we will say that she was a woman dressed in pants and a top, then give the colors of her clothes and not her skin. Hopefully someday that fantasy land will be called "Earth". All I can say is that as more and more of us mixed race people are born then maybe people will realize we are of one race, the human race.

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. You could be right about mixed marriages.. it could break down barriers..I do not know about the stastistics but it would be interesting to know them and if indeed it is changing attitudes.
      I think colour is a small part of the problems...culture religious belief secularism etc play important roles. To reduce the human race to a homogenised one size fits all entity is hopefully impossible. Diversity makes life rich...the differences make the world vibrant and interesting and with this comes a downside, conflict. I don't have the answers but thank you for an interesting discussion.

      Delete
  4. So true what you show here, but isn't it a little sad that beautiful Asian women all perform plastic surgery ... Great observations, and from a global perspective it's the blond hair that's exetic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bjoooooooorn!..few beautiful Asian women perform plastic surgery...they do not need to.You should travel to S E Asia...some of the most beautiful women in the world.A lot of the blond Nordic types that I see drooling over them seem to think so as well.As for blonde hair being exotic - well -a blonde heart throb like yourself would say that wouldn't he?:) LOL

      Delete
  5. I don't have a kimono, but I do love wearing my yukata: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you must cause a stir shopping at Woolworths Auckland in your yukata:)

      Delete
  6. ...you share so many truths in your words and i believe... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. smiles...i need to get myself a kimono then...

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful response - glad you shared it over at Poet United too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this! I do think that the Asian influence is felt strongly in many places. I do have a kimono or two....I love the flow and the feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic journey... I think this infusion of culture into culture (and couture into couture) is ultimately a good thing... bringing this big world closer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done expression of your observations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I must admit a love for kimonos, if only I had a closet full of them or even just one lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this post. Sheer beauty. You have totally blown that horrible racist comment out of the water, with these beautiful photos and words..........thanks, too, for posting at Poets United.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, what I am about to say may be controversial.

    The Asian women depicted here seem to me to be 'trans-gender' and 'trans-age' in appeal. Big, bright, child like eyes; slim, boyish bodies; and yet very attractive too. They appeal to men and women of all persuasions and inclinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jiang Qinqin is the epitome of femininity ...gorgeous!
      Silly bird!

      Delete
    2. That is not the fault of the women. It is commercialism's attempt to create a race of Asian waifs, Eastern Twiggys. They are far from transgender, if you know anyone who has transitioned. They would best be referred to as androgynous, and there is a HUGE androgynous culture in Japan... my daughter is the same way about her look. They are beautiful to me! Amy

      Delete
    3. My dear Cherie, Jiang Qinqin is indeed beautiful. Not only feminine but all woman. I was referring to the waif like models above who lack such features.

      Silly Bird, indeed! I do not come here to be abused! I visit another site for that.

      SLP - I meant trancended sexual gender, Yes, androgynous is a far better term, thank you. However, when you say they are beautiful this really has no meaning. The term refers to various blendings of masculine and feminine characteristics and different degrees of sexual ambiguity.

      I would discourage any child of mine from following such a fashion.

      Delete
    4. Silly Birdy...getting all your lovely feathers ruffled over nothing.You know you are my very favourite ultra conservative dinosaur . A serious case of the mind numbing deadlies has broken out on that farm..no humour or sign of life over there. Too much time spent at said place and you will end up just like them!

      Asian women are slight of build by nature. Admitted ly women are not impressed by Belsen horror looks or heroin chic but that has gone now. I must admit body image is a problem with women mainly reinforced by the media,other women ...The fifties pin up figures of big bums and tits are making a comeback I hear.

      Delete
    5. Asian women are more slight of build ny nature - this is neither better nor worse than others as all forms of womanhood will someone's boat.

      And what are these "bums and tits" of which you speak? Dodo's do not have them, you see. I thought poets were supposed to be more ... well ... poetic!

      Delete
    6. Sigh...Bums and tits are poetic..time to pay more attention before it is too late:)

      Delete
  15. I'm thinking this must have been a response to the post on dverse. It's true; Japanese culture is being co-opted by mainstream press and advertisers. Hey, they latch onto, and exploit, anything and anyone for money. Having said that, there is so much beauty in all folks... wish they didn't have to be stick figures to model.

    My daughter was a really gorgeous baby. My first husband wanted to enter her in "beautiful baby" contests. I told him the day a child with a cleft palette was chosen, or a Down's Syndrome baby, I'd consider it.

    Beauty is in all of us. No one corners the market. This was a thought-provoking post, Cressida, and I thank you. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can appreciate this post, Cressida. It is certainly a good thing when East loves West and West loves East.

    ReplyDelete