Friday, 3 May 2013

Senryu For A Satyr





i have to admit
i like him but don't like him
mischievous cherub

a quirky beastie
who gets under your skin and
makes you itch and itch

provocative imp
who makes you smirk and chortle
i want to pinch him

(HARD:)

27 comments:

  1. ha...what a fun interpretation of that pic...that artist had a good sense of humor for sure as well...would be interesting to discuss his work with him over a cup of coffee..smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who actually sculpted this. Satyrs are famous for seducing woodland nymphs in Greek mythology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. just pic the right place and i bet he lets go...though it looks like he is clinging to her for dear life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can pinch me hard anytime Cressida. I hope your imp is now behaving, given the right impetus. There's something about Satyrs that's attracted me and repulsed me. They are quite rapacious, literally, so I lean to thinking they were a justification for rape in the olden times. On the other hand, the thought of the ripe young flesh of a wood nymph - well you know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad lad ,Charles! A hard pinch from Cressida is no laughing matter i.e unless you have a propensity for pain:)

      Delete
  5. ha...fun senryu..looks innocent enough to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this image was innocent too...that is why I chose it from a lot of graphically sexual images that came up when I googled 'satyr'! Did not want to get the poets too fired up:)

      Delete
  6. I think more than a pinch is needed ~ Smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, he's looking mischievous, even a little frisky. For only having one arm she's holding him off pretty well, too. He does deserve a hard pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice a senryu. Fun one at that. Excellent piece. Thanks for sharing with us tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One has to be brave enough to pinch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummmm .... this statue gives a whole new meaning to "giving head"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not quite clear about what you mean.Perhaps you would care to elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well her head, left arm and right foot have all disappeared. An effort to appease the Satyr, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please do not be ridiculous Maccus...the statue is an antiquity..continue in this vein and your woodland nymphs visitation rights will be revoked:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ridiculous?! Maccus is never so, Madame. And 'tis the nymphs who pester me - of all orientations and preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 'Tis so, sweet cherie; this is my only safe haven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL..yeah she lost her head...it happens!

    ReplyDelete