
Sonnet 1
we desire
beauty's rose
bright eyes
riper memory
light's flame
abundance sweet,fresh
the gaudy spring
Pity the world
this glutton by thy grave
Sonnet 2
Forty winters
will be a tattered weed
lusty days shall sum my count
when thou art old
thy blood feel'st it cold
Sonnet 3
Look in thy glass
some mother disdains husbandry
calls back the lovely April
see wrinkles,golden
Die single
Sonnet 4
loveliness
why dost thou abuse thee
thy sweet self
when nature calls
thy unused beauty
must be tombed
Sonnet 41
I am sometime absent from thy heart
when a woman woos
thou mightst forbear straying
even
tempting her to thee
Sonnet 5
Time leads
to hideous winter
pent in walls of glass
.jpg)
Sonnet 51
excuse the slow offense
why should i haste?
no horse with my desire keep pace
love went wilful -slow
I'll run
give him to go
Sonnet 6
some treasure
refigured thee
leaving thee
Thou art much too fair
to be Death's conquest
Sonnet 61
shadows
into my deeds do pry
To find out shames
the watchman
elsewhere
From me far off
with others all too near
.jpg)
Sonnet 7
in the orient
middle age
looks like feeble age
eyes look another way in noon
unless thou get a son
Sonnet 71
When I am dead
forget my poor name
Lest the world mock thee with me
after I am gone
Sonnet 8
Music sweetly confounds the parts
Sweet husband
strikes one pleasing note
Sings this to thee
Sonnet 9
A widow's eye
has left behind
her husband's shape
Beauty unused
No love in that bosom
.jpg)
Sonnet 10
Beloved of many
Thou art so possessed with murdrous hate
Be gentle, gracious, kind - hearted
Make thee another self
Beauty may still live in thee
Sonnet 111
for my sake do
what works
I will drink potions
dear friend
no bitterness
no penance
I assure ye

Sonnet 121
Vile esteemed
by others seeing
I may be straight
not evil
Sonnet 131
Thou art
my dear precious jewel
I swear a thousand groans
but thinking on thy face
Sonnet 141
Tis my heart that loves thee
one foolish heart makes me sin
awards me pain
Sonnet 151
Too young
Thy gentle cheater
I do betray my nobler part
thy poor drudge
thy affairs
no conscience
hold her love
Just saw your re-erasure post (will comment on that in a minute), but choosing these sonnets for erasure was genius. So much to work with here!
ReplyDelete