Monday, 20 May 2013
Trust
Rictameter Form
Theme Thursday
shopping
late afternoon
in a pink monet sky
cross hatched by bare limb'd autumn trees
even the supermarket looked lovely
with its Matisse still life display
of red peppers and pears
purple grapes plums
shopping
colour
cosy jackets
two little speck people
carry their shopping to the car
hear this on the radio and smiling
think how good life is and thank God
for his generous gifts
of music and
colour
Rictameter 2
no point
in wanting you
a fruitless exercise
involving heartache and sadness
life is too short and love must be returned
so i will close the book on you
not be tempted to peek
because there is
no point
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It has not crossed my mind that supermarket displays can be artworks. Most of the time, it's just grab and run at the supermart. But why not, if i can frame them with my fingers? :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous piece of work.
smiles...it is good to be grateful...love the still life of the grocery...all the color in the veggies stand...great touches in the monet sky and the matisse..art
ReplyDeleteI love the colors..pink Monet sky and Matisse still life display of red peppers and pears, beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI like the attempt to write this in rictameter form ~ The syllable counting is correct, only that the first and last lines should be the same, like Shopping should be the first and last lines ~ Hope you don't mind ~
ReplyDeleteI enjoy shopping but not the supermarket kind, its a grind, ha ~
Grace
Thank you Grace Looks as if I have invented a form:)I shall call it " The Grace Form" !:)
DeleteThanks again Grace...have fixed...I hope!
DeleteGood work on it ~ smiles ~
DeleteGrace
I loved the description in the first stanza; such a beautiful and vivid description.
ReplyDeletelooks very hard and you have don a magnificent job...liked them all and enjoyed listening to the music
ReplyDeleteThank you. I am so pleased you enjoyed the music...it inspired the poem.
ReplyDeleteThe form is absolutely gorgeous! I get excited in the grocery store myself haha These are lovely seeing the beauty in the everyday =)
ReplyDeleteSmiles..all depends on the shopping companion or the hunk at the checkout:)
Deleteloved the form - it is art in itself, and agree with shopping displays - they are art too..
ReplyDeletei am going to try my hand at the rictameter too.. :)
Good for you...fun form!
DeleteI resonate with the no point rhyme. I have MS anyway, so it's not like I can go chasing too many guys!
ReplyDeleteLOL...just whistle..you don't need to run:)
ReplyDeleteThe first two are such simple and sweet descriptions but my heart goes out to the last one, cheers to rictameter.
ReplyDeleteI love how you use the form and wish I could follow some forms but I seem to just do whatever it is I do. And I was imagining an older couple shopping in the supermarket, testing the fruit together, deciding what to buy, smelling and feeling them, putting them into their basket, giving sly smiles knowing that they would make some magnificent meals that they would share. Yes, the produce department is definitely a place where a person displays the produce in an artistic form in which to entice the buyer to purchase natures beautiful art. And I totally agree with the last stanza, life is too short to waste on those who do not love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these Rictameter's with us for this weeks Theme Thursday, they were really great. I hope you have a wonderful week shopping to your hearts content. I love grocery shopping.
God bless.