Saturday, 11 January 2014

Through The Window


dverse

my entire flat
would fit into
their sitting room

i don't know
who they are
i have never seen them
not that i ever look

life in a big city

13 comments:

  1. Maybe they're working so much they never step outside... sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm..no..not this lot..this is just their inner city pile...the house stays empty for a lot of the year.

      Delete
  2. completely different worlds, right across the street...a whole lot of humanity passing each other in silence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is the best thing not to look & also to hope THEY will not look in return! In a big city so much is anonymous really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....my sentiments exactly. I love the anonymity. It is a marvellous freedom !

      Delete
  4. Such is life in the big city, we are invisible among crowds & heavy weights ~ Good one ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some have all the luck! One is happy with what is at hand and that is important.Nicely Cressida!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...No thanks I don't want it... I like what I have and besides I don't want to find myself surrounded by a host of people who suddenly realise how fascinating I am and want to be best friends:)
      Been there...know about that one!

      Delete
  6. that is the sad thing about city life...the anonymity... my uncle and aunt lived in a small village where everyone knew everyone...not even the entry doors were locked during the day... i miss this a bit

    ReplyDelete
  7. City life has its drawbacks .. Looking out the window usually also means looking into another window of someone you don't know.. I is recall that life..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've lived in both places, city and country and burbs, and each has it's benefits...I liked anonymity actually for a while, and the still like the solitude, but as far as a view out the window, it ' a lot prettier to see trees and flowers and sunsets and, no buildings...you made this succinct and to the point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've also lived in both cities and more rural areas. Each has their pluses, but I have to find nature somehow...even if only in potted plants and pigeons. I like the contrast you make between most of us and your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to be anonymous wherever I am. It is freedom and sanity for me.
    "...I just feel better when they aren't around."
    I like your contrast between what is enough and what is ostentatious.

    ReplyDelete