Thursday, 16 January 2014

Gerund


dverse

gerund
cease thy dogging
out  damned spot
out i say

wits
spindled - spun
with
mooning
swooning
and
spooning

hugger mugger off
thy finical rogue
thy worsted stocking knave
willy -nillying rascal

begone 
with mirth and laughter
let old wrinkles come

screw thy courage
to the sticking place
i'll tarry with thee no longer

what a piece of work is a man
unleashed in this foul and pestilent
congregation of vapours

hell is empty
and all the devils are here









11 comments:

  1. screw thy courage..ha...i def like the use of screw...congregation of vapors, ha...you def have willie's voice down...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me...if you don't mind..the name is Will !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the use of the old English (thy/begone) & word play such as willy -nillying rascal ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoroughly enjoyed this! You had the nuances down perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the ending....looking around to see the devils among us. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made my day dear bard(ess). So fun but full of beautiful little gerunds and verbs. I want to know where you got this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My creative noodle conjures up a lot of weird and wonderfuls :)

      Delete
  7. grins - cool, especially that close ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun and playful and classic, willfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! What fun to play with the master of verbiage! (Forgive me for maligning the man I love, I just liked the word.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the spirit and wordplay in your poem are wonderful...creative in the extreme.

    ReplyDelete