Thursday, 2 January 2014

Pink Heels


Sunday Scribblings 2


if you have spent
an inordinate amount of time
walking on the road to nowhere
in ill fitting unsuitable shoes

inevitably
you will find
rebellion
lurking amongst  them


one morning
you will awake
to discover
they have taken on a life
of their own

9 comments:

  1. I often think that shoes like that are inordinately cruel to pretty feet and being flower holders is a better occupation for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Feet become bunioned and crippled wearing shoes like this. Fashion slaves all do it . Mea culpa!

      Delete
  2. Obviously these shoes were not meant for walking. Try dancing instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will try. Although I don't know the steps for the Scandinavian
      torture tango

      Delete
  3. Just like ruby slippers..those shoes are cool! Think I would be planting flowers in them after one painful run around too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you remember my beautiful ruby shoes. Nice!

      Delete
  4. ...and probably walked off to god knows where! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to wear shoes like that. Now just looking at them make my feet hurt! When I turned 40, I gave in to only wearing shoes that are comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yeah, those spiky pink pointies are as cute as your poem but nowhere near as clever : D

    ReplyDelete