Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Clouds

 Poetry Jam

An erasure poem based on Clouds by Percy Bysshe Shelley.




I laugh
As I pass in thunder
Lightning, my pilot
Lured by the love
of the genii
Leap on the back of an eagle
I bind the Sun's throne
I hang like a roof
I march with hurricane fire and snow
I am the Daughter of Earth and Water


14 comments:

  1. Lovely recomposition of lines that I assume are taken from Shelly. Neat descriptions of clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite powerful and full of depth. Awesome strength masked in beauty. Very nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE "I am the Daughter of Earth and Water". Oh yes! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the journey of a cloud well depicted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very powerful and evocative way of seeing clouds! I enjoyed the energy in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very majestic. The pic almost as strong as your words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the confidence and power portrayed in this poem. Enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This powerful aspect of the genteel looking cloud is amazing; have a nice Wednesday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you took the point of view of the cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful arrangement of Shelly's words. Daughter of earth and clouds - i like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I laugh .. I am ... really enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AM ... love the personification and majesty of that declaration ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ingenious reworking of poem past.

    ReplyDelete