Dverse
In October 2013 Gay Reiser Cannon wrote an excellent article on The Beat Poets and their Poetry. Included in the article was a poem called Chronology by Diane di Prima. The following is my erasure poem based on it.
i loved you in october
rode your shadows in the corners
of the house
in november you invaded
filling the air with dreams
on my inner ear
in december the light failed
now it is january
you slide away on crystal air
I'm so glad you told us that it's an erasure poem, because I would never have spotted it otherwise. Very skillfully done, Cressida.
ReplyDeleteI love erasure poetry. You should check out The Found Poetry Review.
ReplyDeleteThis was so good.. And I can just mirror what tony said.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have look up "erasure poem!" Even though I'm sure what it means, I really enjoyed your poem. It is so poignant. The single line "in december the light failed" really spoke to me. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI admire the output from the erasure poetry ~ Its tight and progresses very well with the month/seasonal change ~
ReplyDeleteOh, wow. You've done so well to blend the seasons of a relationship to the chosen months. Sadly, years ago,I experience this just as you wrote it...I doubt I'm the only one.
ReplyDeletereally fine pen, Cressida ~
ReplyDeleteyes, love is fleeting, and emotions as fragile as the breeze. A fine poem.
ReplyDeleteLove this erasure poetry, Cressida...said so much with so few words too...you nailed it!
ReplyDeleteit's sad when things start so hopeful and end so quickly...beautiful connection with the months and season
ReplyDeleteShort-lived but passionate as so many love stories are. Nicely done.
ReplyDelete...you made this so crisp and to the point ..the beat poetry was harder for me than other poems but you make it look so easy...melancholy
ReplyDeleteeach stanza is a gem in this jewel of a poem. the mood and the months are perfectly matched.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, that last stanza fades away perfectly. And the song choice works wonderfully well with its haunting, sad melody.
ReplyDeleteCleverly done. There are January's for all of us...
ReplyDeleteAnna :o]