Dverse
she thought

if her stilts were high enough
she could reach the moon
and live amongst the stars
he thought

if he caught the biggest fish
people would like him
but that was not to be
he then thought

if he disguised the big fish
as a rock
and caught a little bird
he would appear less threatening
but that did not work out either
she thought

if the only creature who loved her
was a wild bear
she would stay with him forever
but his claws were sharp
his grasp too strong
they both decided independently

to blow everything to smithereens
floundering uprooted in the sky
for a while in a whirl of cosmic gas
they drifted aimlessly
until a puff ball came floating
by in a top hat
she decided

to follow its wispy trail
found him swinging from the stamens
decided to make it her new home
until its inevitable disintegration
by that time
she hopes
to be pushing up air born daisies
at last - a celestial garden of her own!
what a story... pushing up air born daisies..oy.. the celestial garden... and yeah... we don't seem to like those people best that catch the biggest fish.. probably he won't be able to handle that catch...oy..
ReplyDeleteOh this was a wonderful sequence.. Love how you managed to tie all picture together into a complete story.. I especially like the effect you created in the early stanzas by those separate brief lines... the tension of those little words enhanced the story so much,
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully interwoven
ReplyDeletePhew! You have woven them all into an intricate story - well done.
ReplyDelete(I love coming to your blog and being greeted by those roses!)
Thank you. I found them on my door step. I think they were intended for someone else....(no card:)
DeleteWow, I am impressed with the connections you made between all of these pieces of art. A masterpiece of creativity here really. I enjoyed!
ReplyDeletereads like a fractured fairy tale... I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteha you said you were going to string them together....smiles....each thing has its perks but also its darkside as well...cant love a bear without the claws that is for sure.....
ReplyDeleteWONDER full!!!!! I love the scenes made logical and magical by love story.
ReplyDeleteI love how you used all the images with meaning....Finding our own path, discovering ourselves, accepting that all things disintegrate & finally making a celestial garden....
ReplyDeletewhat a journey to the celestial garden..........
ReplyDeleteThis was lovely and each picture fit logically with your story, esp., love the ending.
ReplyDeleteWell now, this was a feast AND so much fun. You went for it with all the wonderful illustrations and I love where they took you. Especially the bear "the only one who loved her"........this was great fun to read.
ReplyDeleteWell done - what a journey for us to delight in!
ReplyDeleteThis was such an entertaining post...I enjoyed how you strung the images together...hell they could stand alone and still be worthy of praise...*brava*! :-)
ReplyDeleteWell so true to life! Nicely written!
ReplyDelete