Thursday, 19 September 2013

Ballad


dverse

she sat on a cushion and sewed a fine seam
and thought about ballads sugar and cream
decided to engage and meet the world
hopping and skipping to give it a whirl

people were busy and buzzing around
giddy with power and covered in frowns
vicious and spiteful and not very nice
back stabbers cowards and dabblers in vice

so back to the garden she headed with glee
to sit amongst buttercups roses and trees
resolved to stay in this tranquil  green zone
even in solitude living alone

day dreaming watching the cooing of doves
a knight came by whistling looking for love 
they stayed together for many a year
and that is the story of Gywnneth de Vere

AN ASIDE AND EXCUSE FOR BEING A TECHNOPHOBE





HOW TO LINK





12 comments:

  1. lovely, and a happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  2. ballads sugar and cream...that seems a good combo to me..smiles.. almost missed this... if you insert the direct link to the poem at dVerse rather than the general blog url, it makes it easier for people to find it..just a suggestion..smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew how to do that I would because not doing it has annoyed a lot of people in the past.

      However unless someone is prepared to give me a 20 point instruction blow by blow how to do this, I'm afraid it will have to remain like this.

      If it too difficult to find the poem by scrolling down...most people just comment on the first one ..that or either they scroll down to find it or cannot be bothered to and do not visit again.I don't mind at all.

      I am lucky enough to have a few commenters who are prepared to do this so I am happy with that outcome .

      Delete
  3. and a happy ending! cool verse, Cressida.

    as far as the link - open your own poem in blogger. the specific html link to that poem will appear in the command or search line of your browser (doesn't matter if you're using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer - whatever). Move the cursor to that command line. It will either highlight the entire line, or click and drag the mouse across the entire link, and use the copy function (Mac - command-C, PC - ctrl-C).

    Then, the link to your poem is saved. Go to the blenza / Mr Linky site, and blank out or highlight what's there (your last link). Click command-V or ctrl-V to paste, and your new link should appear. That should do it.

    However, I'm not a computer guy, so don't blame me if it flames out! Good luck ~ M

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL...Thank you Grapeling. If the computer explodes into flames you will hear my stentorian bellows across the ocean.I will send up a flare!
    I am technophobic so will need help.Nice to see you here anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the link - what Grapeling said is exactly what to do to link directly to a specific poem ... smiles

    On the poem - I love the regular rhythm and strong rhymes of this. ALthough not a total technophobe, I have some sympathy with Gwynneth; why does one device have to be able to do everything? I use a camera fo photos, an i-Pod for music, a mobile/cell phone to make calls and send texts. I really don't want one thing to do them all; there's too much that could go wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh there you go again Tony...boasting about your technical wizardry! I can write pomes n tharts abut'it!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony I need you and Grapeling to come over to my place and work out my computer link thing. I have put on the ' Come Over' to fix Gynneth's computer video especially for you BOTH!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. I prefer the tranquil world too.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet... I'm probably more gadget oriented... though tranquillity behind my screen is nice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful rhythm and rhyme--nice life for Gwyneth and her prince. (Good choice of illustration, too.)

    ReplyDelete