he is still writing about her, his mysterious woman
using scathing destructive words, white hot anger emblazoned
bleeding at her treachery,and sadly, still in love with her
It's a thin line between love and hate - or at least that's what Chrissie Hynde sang with the Pretenders. Maybe writing her out of his system will work eventually, mabe not.
The way of men...and a mark of their immaturity. They bring their broken hearts to other women and rail, sob, moan, and always seek to go back to the one before. The follow up poem should be the woman sweeping him out the back door.
I have a post on my blog still in draft that I added your Sijo link to. May I have your permission to post it? If you'd rather not I will delete your the link to your poem before I publish. Thank you for introducing me to this lovely form. You can email me at georgeplace@suddenlink.net
lovely sijo.
ReplyDeleteliked the twist at the end. :)
Thanks..I love the sijo form!
ReplyDeletelove will def jack you up...emotionally and otherwise...he will probably never forget her...
ReplyDeleteSometimes it seems it is hard to leave a toxic relationship! Well expressed.
ReplyDeleteWell that is sad but at least she is a muse to his wretched writing ~
ReplyDeleteah love and hate - they can be so close sometimes...
ReplyDeleteI want to know more! Who is she? What did she do? A real teaser of a poem!
ReplyDeleteIt's a thin line between love and hate - or at least that's what Chrissie Hynde sang with the Pretenders. Maybe writing her out of his system will work eventually, mabe not.
ReplyDeleteThe way of men...and a mark of their immaturity. They bring their broken hearts to other women and rail, sob, moan, and always seek to go back to the one before. The follow up poem should be the woman sweeping him out the back door.
ReplyDeleteLOL...good suggestion Gay..thank you!
DeleteSomething of a sweeping generalisation and somewhat sexist, I'd say.
DeleteWell you would say that ...silly old bird!
DeleteThis was a very strong poem on the sijo form...and all the open ends you have in a short poem really just makes it better.
ReplyDeleteLoving "Round Midnight"...to all the broken hearted and sad stories they have to tell ;)
ReplyDeleteNever heard of this form before-beautiful. I love this more than haiku and I love haikus. This is a beautiful, emotive piece.
ReplyDeleteI have a post on my blog still in draft that I added your Sijo link to. May I have your permission to post it? If you'd rather not I will delete your the link to your poem before I publish. Thank you for introducing me to this lovely form. You can email me at georgeplace@suddenlink.net
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased you like this form and my poem Debi. Yes of course you may post it. I am very flattered. Thank you!
DeleteThank you!
DeleteInteresting ... some unfinished business in the air?
ReplyDelete(What is this form?)