Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Somewhere Over The Rainbow


dverse oln, poetry jam

if only
she could
remember this

 to stop
at step six
slam the door on
step seven

to cut
the overpowering
inclination
to push for more

to discover
what is beyond
the rainbow

burning the bridge
in the process
setting the forest
alight

God
killed both
of her friends
suddenly
last year

she was not ready
she was ambushed

the hole
is not meant
to be filled

evidently

14 comments:

  1. ugh...that last little bit...the feeling that hole is not meant to be filled...
    i hope she finds a friend...and they may not fit the hole, but find another special place in her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some holes are ot meant to be filled I think--painful place though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this pulls at my heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, what a powerful sign you have shared...really IS true. And so sad about the death of two friends in a year. A hard hitting poem here. Life isn't always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing two friends within a year is certainly very hard and sad Cressida. I too enjoyed the sign at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. burning the bridge, in the process - This is very powerful and full of emotion. Difficult and quite compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life.

    That is what this poem is all about, isn't it Cressida?

    One hole, one rainbow, one friendship at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A powerful and painful write. I especially admire "burning the bridge and setting the forest alight". How saddening to lose two friends in one year. I am so sorry. I love what Ninot says..........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heart wrenching and powerful read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are right... some are not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes not taking a risk is the riskiest thing you can do... yes this is really very well expressed in sparse words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since I can never really make up my mind I try never to burn bridges and sometimes that means I get stuck on Step 6!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sign, yes...gratitude important. How often we take things and Life for granted! Hope she finds close soul...~ passionate write!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is rending and surprising, powerfully executed. Oh and I will try to refrain from reading your mind in the future :).

    ReplyDelete