Saturday, 12 October 2013

Sedotta e Abbandonata


the black clouds descend
darkening the ambience
on this special day





dverse



sommergimi di carezze fino a farmi affogare.





amor sei tu

che bellissima

something about
virginal sicilian girls
dressed in black

ignites a spark
erupting
into a dantes inferno





intervention
saves family honour
inspired
by the shotgun



the couple
in wedded bliss
live happily ever after
1964





22 comments:

  1. Peppino "Agnese, why are you afraid?"

    Agnese "What are making me do?"

    Peppino "Come here... be quiet."

    Peppino "Wicked girl, you gave in! -l'm ashamed, l disgust myself."

    When you did it, you didn't feel disgust, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round up Cressida! And the demure bride that is you, is such a dear! Ever loving memories!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one has ever accused me of being demure Hank. LOL.

      This is based on an Italian movie " Seduced and Abandoned" made in 1964 ...a time when shot gun weddings prevailed and I expect that not all the marriages were built on happy loving memories in those days pre " the pill "

      Delete
  3. A nice Catholic boy should not be watching these naughty Italian movies.:)

    I high recommend this movie incidentally...masterpiece illustrating hypocrisy and ridiculous medieval social conventions!

    I am not sure I understand you last question? This time I will let it pass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol .... the "last question" was from Agnese to Peppino after the 'dastardly deed' (which lasted a whole 18 seconds).

      Delete
  4. Ha==I especially like the one about the Sicilian girls - and the wedding party- 1964. These are very Italian and very real. Thanks for participating in such an interesting way, Cressida. K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seduced and abandoned...have not seen it...but with your recommendation...and the chance to see virginal siciliian beauties...how can i resist...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, the couple doesn't really look THAT happy to me!! I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dark clouds can be scary ... as it is happening today in Odisha today... nice haiku...

    And in response to your comment on my page : Oh, No Cressida de Nova.. I keep chatting with them ( Cab Drivers) about all that can be heavenly on Earth...it helps to stay grounded...yet, one must get wings to fly occasionally to stay in touch with the world beyond clouds..pious and pure world..

    Thanks for visiting me..

    RS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our prayers for the people of Odisha...thank you for this information. I hope you are not living in this area...please keep safe if you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of this movie Cressida but I love how you weaved a poem from the plot and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops yes there is always a shotgun to correct such mishaps... great writing.. it sounds like a movie I should see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No they don't look happy but if they can make the best out of it, then good for them ~ Must check out the film then ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bit about the Sicilian girls... it said so much... at once, it was an admiring comment but I also felt a bit of objectification of women.
    The whole was at once lovely to read but there was a dark aspect to it. Very well-written... and clever as well.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely image of storm clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not the happiest looking couple that's for sure...sounds like an interesting movie might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting haiku today. I enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. indeed there are many moods to clouds

    much love...

    ReplyDelete