Dverse
Je me souviens de Paris....I remember Paris
Dans la deche a la Paris et a Londres...Stony Broke in London and Paris
My Mothers House
Belonging
Committed
to a
Hideous Kinky
German (in colour)
who loves
The Journals Of Kierkegaard
The Trouble With Poetry
is that
All Good Things
Drawn From Life
are just
Jacques Prevert Paroles...Words
Red Carpets and other banana skins
thrown over
Esther Freud Peerless Flats
Very adventurous and intriguing. I really enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Anna ...just a surreal poem based on some book titles grabbed from one shelf...no deep and meaningfuls here unless the reader is inclined to captiousness:)
ReplyDeleteVery clever!! Loved how you arranged the titles into a meaningful poem....using your own unique touch.
ReplyDeleteNice to see you here Mary:) Thank you!
Deletegerman in color...ha... i would love to read that... really cool how you wove them into an intriguing poem.. Red Carpets and other banana skins
ReplyDeletethrown over
Esther Freud Peerless Flats... so good..
In real life I would like it to be known that I am not committed to a hideous knky German (in colour.) Ha..thought you would like the German in colour :)...
Delete" Hideous Kinky" has been made into a movie...charming and delightful...don't be turned off by the title...you would like that too !
I like how you weave bits of French into your poem. Nice combination of titles.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, Kierkegaard. The trouble with poetry is that it is just words. But, from time to time, some lucky poet is able to join the spirit with the letter and reveal the glory. Excellent selections, such a range of titles!
ReplyDeleteA German in color in love with the Journal of Kierkegaard .. I love it.
ReplyDeleteGiggles !
Delete" Passion is the real thing; the real measure of man's power " Kierkegaarde
ReplyDeleteVery clever!
ReplyDeleteThe hideous kinky German had me in stitches ... brilliant!
ReplyDeleteWonderful. I feel my bookshelves are either empty or hiding a lot of poetry.
ReplyDeleteLove the footnotes and spurious stitching you've inserted throughout the assemblage. As you said, surreal - but I'd contend that you do have a subtle (and humorous!) narrative flowing through this. Well done!
ReplyDeleteAh humour...something that got lost in translation crossing the Atlantic some time ago:)
ReplyDeleteTsk. Wicked lad !
ReplyDelete