Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Nullius

there was a time
when I carried
a tendril
of your hair
in my locket
pulsated with joy
at the thought
of seeing you
tolerated your drab
treatment
but now you mean
less than nothing to me

28 comments:

  1. I love the hair in the locket...maybe it is still 'there' when the person is not..such certain words..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I have never carried hair in a locket not even a photo.Poets!:)

      Delete
  2. cut them right off....nice blade...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure do...difficult when they do the pull me push me one!

      Delete
  3. love can die but I always though hair in the locket was creepy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people could say something similar...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Less than nothing--that's quite a fall from grace! Nice work, the hair in the locket is such a powerful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so it seems...difficult to think of anything else:)

      Delete
  6. Sad that he means less than nothing to her, but I guess life goes on.

    Here’s mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad when even memories are not a joy to remember! Many in this situation when feelings of being madly in love takes a backseat at the end. Nicely Cressida!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. COLD as ice! Clear, concise and straight to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Been there! Strongly written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For all that, despite being let down each love however brief is a valuable lesson in live. The locket of hair...that can blow away in the wind. For me I will let my memory rewrite history. The poem however is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That relationship has definitely gone sour :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes an ICY attitude is just what a person needs to develop in order to move on! Well penned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cressida, way to tell 'em off. How many times have each of us fallen for someone we thought hung the moon? The higher we place them on a pedestal, the harder they fall! Nice. Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2013/01/31/chanteuse-in-sneakers/

    ReplyDelete