Friday, 18 January 2013

Looking At Ze Mewn


dusk-time for a nap
the tornado strikes again
o dio mio!

clouseau shocks the pope
all things bright and beautiful
are not always french

le tombee de la nuit
c'est l'heure faire la sieste
tornado terrorise encore
o mon dieu

clouseau choque le pape
toutes les choses
brillantes et belles
elles ne sont pas toujours
francaise

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This is a very funny movie. Glad you liked the video clip.

      Delete
  2. hahaahah the second one is very funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reminded more of Peter Sellers when it comes to the Pink Panther! But this video is just as entertaining! Nicely Cressida!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thanks for the laugh, Cressida. The haiku - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny movie! Love your second verse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah but there is an allure to the french it adds...but you are right...smiles...i remember the old panther movies as well...always fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pope can always use a shock or two

    bichon frise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pope along with the rest of us is constantly shocked at the rapid progression of a secular soulless greed driven world.

      Delete
  8. all things bright and beautiful
    are not always french

    ... but I do love the language.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely worth a chuckle here! Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice. Really like the all things bright and beautiful are not always french, seeing steve martin there just made this all the more great. My dad's a huge pink panther fan, will have to let him know about this, I'm sure he'd love to read it. Thanks for sharing with us, really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very funny, and nice haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha..the pink panther...so cool..thanks for the first smile this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the laughter ~ These movies are so funny ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to show my age here, but Peter Sellers was much better as the Pink Panther.

    Your poem is fun - not all things bright and beautiful are French :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think Steve Martin is in the Peter Sellars class. Not bad though!

      Delete
  15. Funny - I've never seen that version of Pink Panther. You make me want to rent it! LOL! Good one in both languages - L'Anglaise et Francaise - Bon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big smile. Love your take on the prompts...and, of course, The Pink Panther.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the irreverent approach to this one... Excellent. Following you on GFC too.
    Mine is here:
    http://positivekismet.blogspot.com/2013/01/musings-haiku-small-stones-at-dusk.html

    ReplyDelete