somewhere
the needle in a haystack
odds of finding it
none to nilshe knew it was there
somewhere
that
was a certainty
rummaging
sorting
diggy dig dig
straw in her finger nails
straw in her nose
coughing and wheezing
a search full of woes
finally
depleted
depressed
defeated
waved the white flag
in surrender
right on cue
a rain of needles
fell into her lap
a momentous manna
from heaven event
too late
toot toot
said the tugboat
as the ship sailed away
Boy, did they laugh
those Gods
how very Greek!
Those Gods had such a wicked sense of humour. No wonder we did away with them. ;)
ReplyDeleteHate to tell you this..but I suspect that they are around and up to their old tricks. They have favourites. I know I am one of their favourite mortals to play tricks on.Cats,dogs, small children and Greek Gods are very drawn to me:)
DeleteThis definitely gave me a smile this morning! (Yes, those Greeks! LOL)
ReplyDeleteA smile is not as good as a laugh but it's a start:)
DeleteMakes you wonder sometimes, doesn't it, if we do bear the brunt of their jokes.
ReplyDeleteYes we do I'm afraid.
DeleteLOL! And here I thought you were writing about addiction!
ReplyDeleteYou are sooo cracked Kim LOL !
DeleteTiming is everything is it not? Loved this!
ReplyDeleteYes it is. Thanks Audrey.
ReplyDeleteThose pesky gods, playing tricks! Thanks for a chuckle today!
ReplyDeleteThanks WabiSabi
Delete