Friday, 28 December 2012

Post Modern Thoughts Shopping on Christmas Eve

There is something
very secure
about this supermarket
I'm in love with it

I feel at home
No one minds
my humming carols
sampling the grapes
smelling the melons

Must be the hat

I should write to
thank Mr Kipling
for the pies
Santa /God
for granting me the weather
I asked for

I hardly ever ask for anything
Never for anything big
Maybe I am being rewarded for
that

Wonder why the herbs
get so wet sweating into
the cellophane
Will make my own sausages
in future

Where will I buy sausage skins
Maybe I will become the next
sausage Queen
No

The exposure would kill me
Interviews photo shoots
No
I can't do it

If I got married
I would have to keep eggs
under the bed for weeks
Rotten ceremonial eggs

Cannot cross the cultural chasm
Chicken head blood spurts
Teeth filing
Spitting on the ground

Priest throwing holy water in my face
I'm not drinking it
Having to dye my hair black
 being submissive and serene

No
Absolutely not
Never
Ever

Someone said I had nice earrings



4 comments:

  1. there is something to be said for nice earrings....sausage queen, probably not a great title to hold...ha...the ceremonial eggs under the bed, i need to look that one up...interesting to walk through your mind at the market...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian..As I am not privy to anyone else's thoughts I have always thought that mine are fairly normal....I could be wrong:)LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. minds are strange things. well done for catching all the pieces of the journey. it flows well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep..especially mine:) Thanks lucychili.

    ReplyDelete