These are certainly novel - can't determine if it's one poem or two. Both speak about war, life, and survival. Definitely terse and troubling! Made me think.
I should imagine that some may find this poem disconcerting,especially if one is the bearer of traits, expressed in this poem.(giggles)
Hmmm, maybe I am wrong; but I am taking this poem at a lighter level and choosing to smile at its cleverness...
Not wrong Mary
Ha fits the picture perfectly. I like it!!! LOL
Thanks Kiana. Welcome. Glad it gave you a laugh.
Hola senorita ~ Well the second stanza is intriguing with botox and sinking ships...mmmm~
"Thank Heaven for leetle girls" Maurice ChevalierSorry couldn't resist:)My poems get very surreal sometimes:)
The botox reference just cracked me up! And the notion of needing that machine gun at hand is simultaneously powerful and fun.
I like a gal with a cracked sense of humour. Thanks Kim.
Hola... I want a gun that big, and, I know how to use one too... no botox though please...just sayin ;)Thanks for the chuckle.
I forgot.. you used to be in the army.I shoot people with my withering look..difficult to do over the net:)
Chuckles! Yes, it's fun where botox can lead to. They make them look young and command the crowd! Nicely Cressida!Hank
Thanks Hank!
These are certainly novel - can't determine if it's one poem or two. Both speak about war, life, and survival. Definitely terse and troubling! Made me think.
ReplyDeleteI should imagine that some may find this poem disconcerting,
ReplyDeleteespecially if one is the bearer of traits, expressed in this poem.(giggles)
Hmmm, maybe I am wrong; but I am taking this poem at a lighter level and choosing to smile at its cleverness...
ReplyDeleteNot wrong Mary
ReplyDeleteHa fits the picture perfectly. I like it!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks Kiana. Welcome. Glad it gave you a laugh.
DeleteHola senorita ~ Well the second stanza is intriguing with botox and sinking ships...mmmm~
ReplyDelete"Thank Heaven for leetle girls" Maurice Chevalier
DeleteSorry couldn't resist:)
My poems get very surreal sometimes:)
The botox reference just cracked me up! And the notion of needing that machine gun at hand is simultaneously powerful and fun.
ReplyDeleteI like a gal with a cracked sense of humour. Thanks Kim.
DeleteHola... I want a gun that big, and, I know how to use one too... no botox though please...just sayin ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chuckle.
I forgot.. you used to be in the army.I shoot people with my withering look..difficult to do over the net:)
ReplyDeleteChuckles! Yes, it's fun where botox can lead to. They make them look young and command the crowd! Nicely Cressida!
ReplyDeleteHank
Thanks Hank!
ReplyDelete