Saturday, 29 December 2012

Everything Fades Away

everything fades away
everything
from
the raging inferno
to
a flap of a butterfly wing

do not
sit quietly
waiting for
the grim reaper
every day same
year in
year out
death
in his suit and tie
already seated at the table

change constantly
take risks
embrace failures
con giusto
life's  measure
of
someone still breathing
a resounding
 success
i would say

annihilate fear
wring its scrawny little neck
along with its legion
of spear carriers
the greatest enemies
of joy
of living

once dreams
are given up on
hope is lost
time for a dinner
date with the suit

change
everything

do not go gently
go out with a bang
light up the sky

a fizzled sigh
whimper
is just a
suppressed fart






18 comments:

  1. Yes... life is for living.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this, the idea of not going gently, but going out with a bang which lights up the sky. Yup, that is definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the empowerment in this...life is risk...real life at least....ew embrace it or we stay safe and exist....love this...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. change constantly
    take risks
    embrace failures....yep...i would agree...everything's better than getting static..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..love the last line that practically says "screw you" change....brave and funny, too..happy new year to you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year kkkaty from cccressida:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Very very clever! I was a bit taken aback by the end, but yes, it certainly goes with the message (which is very strong.) Thanks. I could use some of this. k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karin. The ending is not really my style ...just tried it out for effect. I think one should always be true to one's style otherwise it does not seem to work!

      Delete
  8. whoowhoo...yes, the way to go...though I was giggling at the end ~

    Happy New Year ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now where can one get hold of some Semtex these days?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let us hope that the new year brings a better appreciation of poetry and more discernment when it comes to choosing friends for a deranged Dodo duck dude!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A better appreciation of poetry, my that would be a new year! I've been injured which greatly delayed my responses. I agree with you on style though I tend to not behave that way :). A very successful experiment and I enjoyed the personification of death, especially the Thomas reference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo..quelle surpise!Hope you are on the mend now.Happy New Year. About the poetry appreciation thing.Dodo is not a poet..he is a friend whom I am allowed to take liberites with in my somewhat rude remarks :)

    ReplyDelete