Rushin' to get home to you
Ssh- ah -
It's freezin' cold and the roof's down honey
Bringin' some elves with the flu
The snow's so pretty as we are ridin' along
The snow's so pretty as we are singin' this song
Hope the log fire is burnin' honey
Am wet and drenched to the skin
Ssh-ah
I would have called you sooner my honey
But I dropped my phone in the bin
You look so pretty standin' there in the light
You look so pretty the elves are goin' to fight
over you

I like this. I know it is a new poem, but it has the ring of nostalgia. I love the rhythm.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary. Just something a little silly and light.
ReplyDeleteenjoyed this lighthearted verse. the elves are a bit naughty, eh?
ReplyDeleteSigh...elves!
DeleteLOL.... Not only are they going to fight... they're going to give you the flu too honey....Oh... Ssh-ah lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smiles :)
haha i love this...so fun and rather fanciful...and gave me a bit of holiday cheer, even with flu riden elves....smiles.
ReplyDeleteThanks Brian
Deleteholiday cheer, indeed! this made me smile. and of course elves are a bit naughty... they're like gnomes that way, right?
ReplyDeleteThanks Joanna.I did not know that gnomes were naughty.Leprechauns are.
Delete