Monday, 25 June 2012

How can I tell her we are both just stencils?


i know it seems real
but we are both just stencils
on a factory wall

fantasies on blogs
wishful thinkers on facebook
modern delusion

none of us exist
we are air puffs in ether
all smoke and mirrors

24 comments:

  1. In so many ways this is all so true! But, at the end of the line there are real humans (maybe) pulling the strings. Until they invent a robot that can do that for us too ...lol
    Very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you nailed it; nailed it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job.

    we leave our real selves behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed this. A really good strong piece of imagery that made me think. Hoping that I'm actually real after reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be a figment of your own imagination.:)

      Delete
  5. i hate to think of us as cookie cutter and not real...i know we are a flickering taper for sure...here today and gone tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really thought-provoking. For me this illustrates the illusions we all live often, if not most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..the poem was a comment on internet relationships.

      Delete
  7. I love this! I love whimsy! Great wordplay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Humorous. I like the title. In a way I can relate this to reality. We are real people behind our screens here, but so much of "relationship" over the internet is superficial, flat. It doesn't carry the dimension that face-to-face interaction does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree...you can hide behind the pen but not behind the face.

      Delete
  9. I don't know I think we are all quite real. Then again, how can we know until we meet face to face (not fb to fb or blog to blog).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was clever and current~ I loved how you did this :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life is but a dream eh? And blogs are a projection within the projection. Interesting to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unfortunately, it is all true, but you said it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete