
dverse... a letter to myself
Dear You

What can I possibly say to you?
Do I have any suggestions
how you could have done things differently?
Yes a lot but none of the advice would have worked.
Your unique creative disasters are legendary
The gambling optimistic streak is too strong in you.
You put all of your eggs in one basket
Bet on the outsider
Did not listen to yourself
The horse came in last and is still running
You fell flat on your face
Will pick yourself up
Start over again
and I know I can count on you Darling
to make another brand new set of mistakes

that no one will ever have heard of or even read
about in any literature.
Yours sincerely
Me
at least they went out trying eh? there is something to be said of that...better to make a mistake than do nothing...a penchant for creative disaster...hm...smiles.
ReplyDeleteYes...afraid so!
DeleteMistakes are the spice, the impulse of learning. Bring them on!
ReplyDeleteIf you are running low on mistakes Gemma I have bags and bags of them I am giving away for free:)
DeleteIn the FB tradition - I like this conversation!
DeleteChuckles!
DeleteFurio Bristollio is really something isn't he?
DeleteHa, actually I think if we had it all to do over again we would do the same things again. And I think picking ourselves up from mistakes will be a lifetime thing. Better than not picking ourselves up for sure!! I think the "Self" when she gets this letter will be sympathetic and respond with a hug.
ReplyDeleteShe will make herself a nice cup of tea:)
ReplyDeletebehind every mistake is a learning experience... if we don't close our eyes. i hope the 'self' will fall softly if...
ReplyDelete~Miriam
The nature of a fall is a thud unless you are a feather!:)
ReplyDelete... not if you fall onto a feathered bed.
DeleteWell I'm not doing that...I don't want a near death experience with an 11th century monk peering out from under the covers:)
DeleteLOL .... what if he promises to remove the Cardinal's hat and sox?
DeletePlease keep me, my hat and sox out of this one.
DeleteYes, I think we have to learn from our own mistakes.
ReplyDeleteKeeping it to oneself! At least it sets one to be thinking on how to better oneself to face the next round! Nicely Cressida!
ReplyDeleteHank
If nothing else, it gives us great material for our writing! Smiles.
ReplyDeleteToo True Sherry:)
DeleteWhat would life be without mistakes.. We all do them .. and often unnoticed by anyone but ourselves.. :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you are enjoying your holiday:)
ReplyDeleteThat's the spirit - "a brand new set of mistakes"
ReplyDeleteNever repeat the same mistake; make a variety of mistakes.
We all make mistakes, sometimes unnoticed by others but our darling self ~ Good one and someday I hope to write a letter to me too ~ Smiles ~
ReplyDeleteCressida, I always hope my grandest mistakes are behind me, but then again, I've always been an overachiever in that department! This was an excellent "note to self." Amy
ReplyDeleteChuckles...thanks Amy!
Delete