Princess Put Pink Pepper Pods In Her Petit Point Pocket
pink pepper pods
forgotten in my old coat pocket
pink pepper pods
the smell is nectar from the gods
i squeeze them with my warm fingers
the peppermint fragrance lingers
pink pepper pods
very cool...i love poems that include scent.. and cool to find them forgotten in an old coat and with the squishing bring them back to life in a way..fragrant-wise...cool playful title as well..
see i even waited this time to make sure you did not add to it like friday...smiles...nice use of form...they smell like peppermint? huh. pretty cool...nice little description of them..
Of course, I'm asking how pink pepper pods got into your old coat pocket...but really I don't care...just enjoying the scent and feel of this poem...it lingers...
excellent piece, beautiful imagery and I love the title so much. thanks for sharing this tonight
ReplyDeletevery cool...i love poems that include scent.. and cool to find them forgotten in an old coat and with the squishing bring them back to life in a way..fragrant-wise...cool playful title as well..
ReplyDeleteI'm most curious about these, having never come across them before.
ReplyDeletesee i even waited this time to make sure you did not add to it like friday...smiles...nice use of form...they smell like peppermint? huh. pretty cool...nice little description of them..
ReplyDeleteso you did..smiles
DeleteLove the "P" sound running throughout this piece. I can smell the peppermint.
ReplyDeleteOf course, I'm asking how pink pepper pods got into your old coat pocket...but really I don't care...just enjoying the scent and feel of this poem...it lingers...
ReplyDeleteLove the alliterations.. and so nice to find it in your pocket... much better than the mummified banana I once found.
ReplyDeletesuch pretty peppercorns!
ReplyDeleteWell done Well done. It is almost a tongue twister,
ReplyDeleteremember those when you were a child? Fun and beautiful.
Peter Piper picked a pickled particularly piquant pepper:)
Delete