
i am going to forgive my orchids
open purple soft mouth'd
singapore sultries
they have disappointed me
wilted, drooping in heated sadness
limp and lack lustre'd
so it seems you cannot trust
these beauties though hardy
their reputation be
a great vase filler with roses
babys breath, green mint
gifting me with a visual feast
taking my mind off thee
and the slings and arrows
of outrageous fortune
the deer ate all my roses but i can give you stems....ha...and its not too often i do trust beauties...too much emphasis on looks there...smiles.
ReplyDeleteThe Deer Ate All My Roses
Deletegood title for a poem:)
Those orchids are a beauty but they are a challenge to take care of ~ Mine wilted & never bloomed again, sighs~
ReplyDeleteOrchids are difficult so beautiful :)
ReplyDeletewilted, drooping in heated sadness
ReplyDeletelimp and lack lustre'd
Every gardeners nightmare!
A lot of gardeners have problem with orchids. This is what you are talking about I presume. I am not going to encourage any bad Birdy behaviour:)
DeleteIn such situations a light sprinkling of sildenafil citrate maybe beneficial, though long term use is to be avoided :o)
ReplyDeleteI will have to google what this is. Hope it's not a substance hippy flower power people snorted in the 60s:)You are in deep manure if it is :o)
ReplyDeleteStuck-up noses in the air ... if they did!!!
DeleteOK..
ReplyDeleteThis explains a lot of your behaviour...and there I was thinking you were being nice, giving me gardening tips.You are so so bad Doddles.
I am a bad lad x
DeleteWell, it worked wonders for my 'mother in law's tongue'; to say nothing of the 'red hot poker'!
DeleteSo I see you really are a gardener then.Nice to know.
DeleteThere is a need to eradicate that nasty parasitic weed sprouting and infecting the garden again.Keep arms length,wear a mask and spray it with some weed killer. Pity some garden owners actually encourage and like weeds.I don't!
Elusive beauties, such day flies, they are. A leap of faith that they wull be back again, some day , thanks
ReplyDelete