Sunday, 28 October 2012

Me Myself and China (Dali Look Alike)

 
 



a different kettle of fish
is what everyone said
from the very beginning

with those precocious utterances
and eyes that could strike fear
into those much older adult people
her take no prisoners personality
placed this  tiny person
 in imminent danger
of some sort of reprisal

instinctively
she learnt to be quietly reflective
as a survival mechanism
deriving  comfort from
her vibrant internal world
furnished with books
and all that they offered

this creative bookish chick
learnt the value of
being discerning
having a vivid imagination
risk taking thoughts
never accepting the yolk
of conformity or limitation

 solace
became her best friend
and has never really
left her side


to be alone in peace
enjoying the luxury of
the thinking process
is still one of life's
greatest pleasures
preferaby on white sand
mojito close to hand

she presently shares her life
with her soul mate
a similar oddball
and other interesting animals
who also like to dance
and  indulge
in falling about
when the mood strikes




















12 comments:

  1. smiles...i am glad you found your oddball...ha...that made me smile...you told quite much of your tale in this...the learning temperence for survival, i feel you there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful. The words of a Free Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This creative bookish chick sounds like someone I'd like to know. I'm glad she found her oddball soulmate. Thank you for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise. That gorgeous ditzy kid is still alive and well in you I see:)

      Delete
  4. excellent response, really good read, enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing your portrait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good prompt Fred. It is only a small corner of my portrait. If I put the entire painting up I would have to close down my blog:)

      Delete
  5. Oh, that we would dare not to conform. It feels so good when you do. I was interested in you word "yolk" as I read it as "yoke" but I still can't make up my mind whether you meant "comfort" or "burden".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you trying to tell me you are a conformist
      oldegg?:) It must feel good not to be targeted as different if you can survive the drear and hypocrisy for more than a few hours. I tried very hard...was hopeless at it and it wrecked my health trying to fit in. So now I don't.

      Delete
  6. Conforming can be so hard... I'm glad you found your soul mate... what a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only Hollywood does happy endings Abigail. Real life is never predictable.

    ReplyDelete