Thursday, 11 October 2012

Maze


Almost,so close, saw the end light shining
Slam! door shut straight in my face
Such bad luck, this time I'm done


6 comments:

  1. well i was thinking the end of life....but still in the maze to get so close yet be so far away can be pretty disheartening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful metaphor... when I was little I used to have a book of mazes I had drawn. Loved doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The syllables are perfect and the "sh" is shared in line 1 # 3 are very. But the rhyme, alas! Or did I miss something? Loved the Maze stuff. Like Brian, I though it was end of life of a suicide that failed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helas no rhyme and no excuses.
      And no..not a poem about suicide either ...

      Delete
  4. Ha! This has a wonderful abruptness - the almost-there-ness of the maze! k.

    ReplyDelete