Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Threes


Poetry Jam



They say
It always comes in threes

Two on the same day
Steam rollered
like
A dali clock
Yesterday

This morning
I looked out at the tree tops
All flattened
Just like me

At least the trees
are empathetic
to my woes

This afternoon
I looked out at the tree tops
They have perked up a lot

I on the other hand have not

Even the leaves
have turned against me








17 comments:

  1. or perhaps they are trying to encourage you...you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so positive about everything Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you think you've got problems, young lady, let me tell you! I am now an unemployed 'Muse'. Cast aside like a useless piece of flotsam whilst others rejoice at my demise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Highly original and gifted people always have a lot of enemies and very few friends. If you find one you are doing well. You mon vieux - have found one. XX

    You will be missed by some of us over at Crackerbox farm. It is going to be so dull without you there.I actually wrote this poem with you in mind when I heard the news..your leaving was one of the three ills that befell me on the same day and they all involved people leaving me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked - even the leaves have turned against me. Sometimes in the wind leaves dance and swirl in our face as if to try to stop us. Great feeling and an interesting perspective. Made me think, i liked this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely observation about the wind Alan...you have the poet's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad luck can 'make like a tree' too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking on the bright side ... it doesn't sound like rain accompanied all of that wind! When the leaves turn against you, what's left? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. flowering cactus maybe. hope the trees can hug you happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'all things must come to pass but the end is not yet' not by a bloody longshot my dear Miss Chilli!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you wrote this poem just great and the use of the Dali is perfect too. Trees usually have a good idea of what to do so I figure if I listen to trees I will be OK. Actually the wind and water and stars and sun can all teach us something when we pay attention.

    ReplyDelete