Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Survival Stripes


Poetry Jam


striped ears - camouflage
an attempt to hide herself as a zebra
in the jungle

will the zebras detect a difference?
how stupid are zebras?
cuckoo eggs fool the reed warbler
humans are fooled by almost everything

she's in with a chance




















23 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I doubt the zebra will be fooled. I was reading about zebras. Apparently one theory is that the different stripe patterns help one zebra recognize the other (when, in actuality, the patterns all look pretty much the same to me). And as I look at the ears I think "ouch."

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. humans are fooled easily enough...
    so i think she has a chance...
    don't we all...

    hope your computer whoas are over soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is because you do not have zebra eyes. My striped ears are a zebra turn on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D

    humans are pretty gullible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting stripes on ears... what will they think of next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image ... poem is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am fooled by most things, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved this!
    and yes, perhaps zebras are wiser than we are...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Humans are fooled by most everything, but I've located YOU, me pretty, at long last. Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the uniqueness of this! Excellent take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Humans can be VERY foolish can't they? What's done for show is foolish in the fooling ... yes?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's appearances that bamboozle us. You're right. Like the style of this. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really like what you did with the prompt...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone hides from something - usually not successfully in the long run. Well done.

    ReplyDelete