panic sets in already
Christmas is already here
in early november
mince pies
iced fruit cakes
crowds in stores
jollies get started
earlier every year
once again
i say i'm ignoring it
last year tried to escape
the truth is
there is no escape
from Christmas in
the entire world
nowhere to hide
maybe there is
a reason for this
after all
haha...if only the reason were something a little more...i get a little jaded at the holiday hoopla starting so early...there were christmas commercials on tv tonight...seriously...but the spirit will find me...i look forward to seeing family...but i do feel the stress a bit already...
ReplyDeleteStressful lead up but nice on the day.
Deleteyeah, they do start with the promos and gift giving ideas etc…so early…no escape, but I love Christmas and somehow don't mind it probably as much as I should. Really nice visual piece. Really painted this nicely.
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas but not the lead up to it.
DeleteLOL If only they didn't start Christmas right after Halloween. Christmas (to me) has been so commercialised now the true meaning of it has been lost among the millions of 'I want' sales.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic... I know a 16 year old girl that would apply too. LOL
The pic gave me a giggle as well! It is a terribly frantic time of year.
Deletesmiles...oh yes...it always annoys me when they have all the christmas stuff in the shops already weeks and weeks before...takes a bit away of the spell..
ReplyDeleteYes it does. But think of the profits to be made:)
ReplyDeleteEvery year, earlier and earlier. Soon we will begin the celebration on New Year's Day!
ReplyDeleteHa!Mince pies and plum pudding all year round!
DeleteLOL Sometimes it does seem the Christmas season commercial presence is endless. But the one year we lived where there was less commercial Christmas presence I missed it, which surprised me! Good to see you at Poetry Jam and thanks for taking on my prompt in such an original way.
ReplyDeleteYes it does. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI will try to make my visits more frequent Peggy. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteSo true...there is no escaping from Christmas. It is everywhere, beginning even now when one can already find Christmas things in stores way too early.
ReplyDeleteYep...every year i say i'm ignoring Christmas this year and every year i don't:)
DeleteChristmas is my favorite holiday! i'd have Christmas in July too if it wasn't 117 degrees here then. {smile}
ReplyDeletethank you for joining in at Poetry Jam!
♥
dani
I'm a huge holiday fanatic and even I had to wince a bit when I saw Christmas decorations next to Halloween decorations next to back-to-school supplies at the beginning of August! All this extended commercialization can certainly leave us a bit weary, can't it? Very well-written poem!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary
DeleteStores here just skipped right over Thanksgiving. Really, just avoid shopping the next two months. We are, for the most part. We are going on a family trip and only giving each other $10 gifts. It is fun, and less stressful. And the season can be celebrated as it should!
ReplyDeleteGood idea Margaret. Will be doing something similar!
ReplyDelete