i still believe
in goodness
rare as the holy grail
it paid me a visit recently
i was so overcome
so unaccustomed to kindness
that i prostrated myself at its feet
like a starving dog
and scared it away
it mistook me for a wolf
i came out of my cave
to feel a ray of sunshine
found it fleetingly
then the clouds
covered the sky
so back to the warmth
of the fire
living safely in the dark
i find this sad....i def dont ever want to be that comfortable by the fire you know...and i def wanna know why i am chasing happiness away...
ReplyDeleteI like how this seemed to take a sudden turn of direction, like our minds do. The images, metaphors are great.
ReplyDeleteCaves, especially ones with warm fires, are no bad thing. Even better if there's a lamp in the corner and a treasure chest to delve into from time to time. Mine can be quite cosy. We all have one.
ReplyDeleteKindness expects nothing in return - it is simply offered. It can take fright if it thinks it has been misunderstood. Come to the entrance of your cave from time to time; it's not far away and is still with you.
and in another corner
ReplyDeletein shadow
outlined by flickering light
another chest
gloomy
silent
inside, hidden ghosts
a lamp rests on top
daring to be switched on
I think the goodness was there in the warm sunshine, the warmth of the fire, even the safe cave. Of course, that's not human goodness, but that will return again. I don't think it's ever scared away completely. (Though sometimes, I do wonder too).
ReplyDeleteWe all need our little retreat, our place in the dark. There is goodness...
ReplyDeleteAnna :o]
That was scary.. though I am one to embrace darkness when I have to, I think to scare happiness away when it comes is always discomforting, since I believe that life is too short to spend a lot of time in tears!
ReplyDeleteGoodness and kindnest do not get scared. What could scare them? Sometimes we just don't understand the way they work.
ReplyDelete