Thursday, 31 May 2012

Dinner

Get this over with
Quickly as possible
Crab sticky fingers
Send back the dirty glasses
Drink Aqua out of bottles

In the country of no booze
We discuss cultural differences
 Great misunderstandings
Impending financial crisis
Space occupation in hearts

I try to listen
The veil has been lifted
Former ploys do not work anymore
All being terribly dull
I think of shampooing my hair



8 comments:

  1. Focus on the food! I love fish food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha when all else think of the hair and when he asks you again you are doing your hair that night...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can only imagine where this poem grew from ... and the terribly tired one who miss-posted twice? Hmm - I'm just sayin' It's a cool poem nevertheless ...

    http://nsaynne.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/when-you-are-leaving-me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third time is the charm. Glad you finally got linked up. I really liked this, but tell me of this country with no booze:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the kind of free verse I love - larded with humour - and it tastes pretty good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This feels like a date all gone wrong ~ Well done ~

    Hope all is well ~

    http://a-sweetlust.blogspot.ca/2012/05/last-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the preoccupation as the dinner conversation turns boring..the feeling is vivid. I enjoyed this...sorry for your terrible tiredness..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, as someone said, the humor in this one is the best part of the poem - but I see it as a droll humor, because of an emotional tiredness bordering on ennui, in the voice of the speaker. You caught that voice rather well.

    ReplyDelete