Friday, 24 February 2012

Tanka

cane pressed into lip
double tongueing difficult
phrasing trill flutters
her lip scar now receded
her triumphs just a memory

6 comments:

  1. I never played a reed instrument, but my sister did. I did play flute. I cannot imagine being unable to play. Yet just this week I began having serious pain in the joints of my left thumb. To not be able to write, that is a fear I comprehend. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oy to not be able to do what i love would def be a misery...nicely done and succinct

    ReplyDelete
  3. My next door played oboe - the double reed. I could never have managed it. I admire the music you subtly bring out and the pain of loss. I play piano and I'm beginning to lose certain abilities. Playing octaves give my hands cramps. No longer Mozart's March a la Turk for me...sigh.
    The tanka was beautiful (and I suppose it was about lovers and romance in its own way, wasn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm playing the alto sax..so could really feel this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful..to have done something you loved and no longer doing it so sad

    ReplyDelete